you find her cheating the day before your wedding - part two (requested)

After staying up all night to cancel everything and reach out to family and friends, you were exhausted and nearly fell asleep on the couch.

And you probably would've slept the day away, which you wouldn't have minded. After all, your original plans for the day weren't important anymore. But a knock on the door interrupted your desire for sleep.

You figured it was your friends coming to console you. You thought you'd open that door and be greeted with some drinks and hugs; two things you'd really love right now. But no. Instead, you saw Sofia.

You rolled your eyes and tried to close the door but she stopped you from doing so by placing her foot down. "You have quite a lot of nerve to show up here today." She let out a sad sigh and lowered her head. "Please let me in. I just wanna talk and I wanna explain things."

"What is there to possibly explain!? Sofia, you cheated last night. It was supposed to be our wedding day today-"

"It still is,"

"No! It isn't because I canceled everything. Do you think I'd still marry you after I found you in bed with someone else? You're so wrong. You know what? It's bad enough to cheat on me but to it the day before our wedding is unforgivable. I loved you. I loved you with all of my heart; never have I ever loved anyone more than I loved you. But you blew it."

She had tears in her eyes. You could tell she regretted what she did, but still, you couldn't forgive her. "I'm really sorry. I know that I messed up and that you don't wanna marry me, and I understand that. I'd do the same if I were you..."

She looked down at her feet, a tear streaming down her cheek. "Just know that I'll always care for you and know that I'm sorry for what I did."

You bit the inside of your cheek and nodded your head. "Good. I wish you the best, Sofia."

She sobbed, her bottom lip trembling as she lifted her head and realized that she really was losing you forever. What was once her worst nightmare and worst fear was now her reality. There was only one person to blame, and that was herself.

She knew there was nothing she could say or do that would change the situation or make it any better. She'd feel and react the same way if she was in your position... so how could she blame you?  She moved her foot and watched the door close.

Her entire world felt like it was crumbling around her as she went back to her car and let her head fall against the wheel as she cried, hard.

She looked back at your house; there were so many memories she shared there with you.

Those were gone now.

"I wish you the best too, y/n." She whispered to herself and drove away. hoping one day you'd be able to forgive her. But she had to accept that you probably wouldn't. Either way, you deserved the world and she knew you'd find someone else to give you that... because she certainly couldn't anymore.