you whimper in your sleep (requested)

The feeling of your leg knocking into hers and the sound of you whimpering quietly caused Sofia's eyes to open wide.

She looked around the room to find it was still pitch black, the time only a little after three am. She was confused since everything seemed still and quiet. She thought maybe you were just a little uncomfortable so she put her hand on your side for comfort.

But her touch only caused more whimpers to fall from your lips. She was growing worried as they grew louder. Sitting up and turning the light on, she put her hand on your back and rubbed it along your skin in circles.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly, only to get more whimpers in return. "Wake up, baby." She whispered softly and shook your shoulder and waited for your eyes to open.

It was only a moment later when your eyes flew open with a gasp. Sofia was quick to comfort you, reminding you that she was right there with the brush of her hand on your back and lips on your neck.

"You okay?"

"No." You whimpered and slowly sat up. You tried to catch your breath and slow your fast and unsteady heartbeat. It almost felt like it was gonna burst out of your chest as the fear you felt from the nightmare continued to linger, despite the fact that you were awake now.

"What happened? Are you sick?"

"No." You spoke again, this time reaching out to hold her hand with your trembling one. "I had a bad dream." You said, lacing your fingers within her own. "Really bad."

She clicked her tongue and let go of your hand to sit behind you and wrap her arms around you. She kissed your cheek and shoulders softly, hoping it'd ease your nerves.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. Just know that it was all just a dream. Just a terrible, terrible dream. I'm here with you. You know I'll always keep you safe."

You released a shaky breath and leaned your head against her shoulder. "I know. Thank you."

"You're welcome." She spoke and ran her fingers along your sides.

"I dreamt that you died,"

She shook her head and kissed your temple lovingly. "I'm right here. You can feel each and every beat of my heart. I promise, nothing is gonna happen to me or to you anytime soon."

You nodded and closed your eyes.

You weren't sure how long they stayed closed, but soon enough you felt your back fall against the mattress gently. Opening your eyes, you saw Sofia smiling at you as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ears.

"I'm right here. Try to sleep."

It wasn't hard to fall back asleep, between the feeling of her fingertips brushing along your arm and her lips brushing against your temple and cheeks. Soon, she started to hum to your favorite song and she didn't stop till she knew you were sound asleep only a few minutes later.

"I love you." She whispered and planted one more lingering kiss on your cheek before she turned out the light and fell back asleep.