you fall off the bed in the dark (requested)

The sound of a thud on the bedroom floor made Sofia's eyes fly open.

The room was still dark, the time on the clock only a little before four-thirty am, and Sofia wanted nothing more than to close her heavy eyes and sleep until her alarm goes off in another couple of hours.

However, the thud that had awoken her was making her worried, especially since when she felt around for you on the bed you weren't there.

"Y/N?" She mumbled as she got out of bed and walked across the room to turn on the light.

She saw you laying on the floor, your blanket wrapped around your feet.

"Baby? Are you okay?" She asked as she knelt down beside you on the floor, her hand falling to your arm.

Your eyes opened a few seconds later and you gasped upon realizing that you were on the floor. You sat up and realized that your wrist was quite sore, as you had fallen on it when you fell out of bed.

"What happened? How did I get down here?"

"I think you fell off the bed in your sleep, my love." She giggled and you looked at her with sad eyes.

"It's not funny, Sofia. My wrist hurts and I was really shocked and confused when I opened my eyes and saw where I was."

She brushed her hand across your shoulder comfortingly.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

You nodded before laying your cheek on her shoulder.

"Your wrist is okay?"

"Yeah. It's just a little sore, nothing serious, I'm sure." You said sleepily as she put her arms around you and rubbed your back.

"Good. I'm glad you're okay." She said, kissing your head lovingly. "Let's get back in bed."

She helped you stand up and then when you were laying in bed, she tucked you in under the warm blankets before she laid down beside you and pulled you close.

"I guess I should hold you a little closer and a little tighter to keep you secure in my arms so you don't fall again." She laughed and you started to join in with her.

"I guess it is sorta funny."

She laughed a little harder as her fingertips brushed along your back.

"Glad you're seeing the humor behind it now, my love." She said, kissing your head. "I love you so much. Have sweet dreams and try not to fall off the bed again."

"Very funny." You mumbled and she laid her head on yours, holding you close as you fell back asleep.