you have a fight with your mom (requested)

You let out a long and frustrated groan before you tossed your phone on the bed.

Sofia looked up at you in surprise as you plopped down beside her and began to rub your temples.

"What is it, my love?"

"I just had a huge fight with my mom." You said.

"About what?"

"Stupid stuff, honestly." You mumbled. "I said some stuff and she said some stuff and it was such a huge mess."

"Oh, baby." She sighed as she scooted closer to you. "I'm sure everything will be okay."

"I don't know. We said a lot of stuff, Sofia. It was bad, you didn't hear it."

"I don't have to hear it or know every detail about the fight to know that she's your mother and she loves you so much."

You sniffled as your eyes filled with tears.

You looked at her as she dried your eyes.

"Everyone has fights with their parents at some point in their life, baby. It's natural because you don't always see eye to eye all the time. In the heat of the moment, things get said. But that doesn't mean that those things are always meant."

"Yeah." You nodded.

"And at the end of the day, that's your mom. You get along well and she adores you. She's not going to stay mad at you and she's not going to hold those things against you, just like you won't do that to her."

"I know you're right. It's just such an awful feeling fighting with someone you love."

"I know." She said as she caressed your cheek. "But everything always works out and everything will be okay. I promise."

"Okay." You said as you put your head on her shoulder. "Should I call her?"

"No, not tonight. Let her calm down and take the night to do the same. Then, in the morning, you'll both be in a better state of mind and you can talk rationally and sort things out."

"Alright. I will." You said as she pulled you closer. "I just hope she doesn't hate me."

"Knowing your mom, there's not a thing in this world that you could do to make her hate you." She promised as she kissed your shoulder.

You nodded, smiling a little as you looked back into her soft brown eyes.

"You'll see, darling. You'll wake up in the morning, call her, and everything will be back to the way things were before. It's all going to be alright."

"You're right. Thanks, baby. You always know what to say." You said, kissing her cheek.

"I love you tons."

"I love you more." You said as you hugged her tightly, knowing that she was right and everything between you and your mom would be fine.