you have a nightmare

The sound of whimpering woke Sofia up from her dream. She rolled over and saw you tossing and turning on the bed. Your shirt was clinging to your back from how much you've been sweating.

Sofia shook your shoulder and tried to wake you from the nightmare. "Y/n, y/n, wake up. C'mon honey, wake up." You sat up and gasped as sweat dripped down your skin. You instinctively reached out for Sofia's hand, needing her to comfort and hold you.

She intertwined your fingers together while using her other hand to rub your back. "Shh, it's okay, baby. It was just a bad dream." You started to cry as the nightmare kept replaying in your brain over and over again, leaving you with shaky hands and a pounding heart.

Sofia pulled you in her arms and against her chest. She wrapped her arms around you and held you close, whispering sweet and reassuring words in our ear. "It's okay. I'm here, I'm right here. It was just a nightmare, nothing's gonna hurt you. I promise. You're safe." She whispered and rubbed your back.

You started to calm down soon enough. You sniffled and clutched her hands in yours. "Wanna talk about it?" you shook your head frantically. "Okay, that's alright. You don't have to. Just know that if you change your mind I'm here to listen." You laid back on your side and gazed into Sofia's beautiful eyes.

Her hand was still intertwined with yours and it brought you a lot of comfort to know that she was there with you. "I'm sorry I woke you." You mumbled and Sofia shook her head at you. "Don't be. It's okay." You moved a little closer to her and put your head on her chest. You could hear her heartbeat in your ear, thudding rhythmically as she began to run her fingers through your hair.

You closed your eyes. Even though the nightmare still left a mark on you, you felt a lot safer with Sofia. You know she's there with you if you need anything and that she'd never let anything hurt you.

"Go back to sleep. I'm here." She whispered and kissed your forehead, a loving reminder as you fell asleep that you're always safe with her by your side.