you're scared of balloons (requested)

Ever since you were a little girl you've always had a fear of balloons. It's not a deep fear, but you've always been afraid of them because of the sound it makes when they pop. It hurts your ears and anytime you hear one you practically jump out of your skin.

You're at a holiday party that one of Sofia's friends is hosting. Parties aren't your favorite thing but you didn't wanna be rude so you came anyways. Sofia told all of her friends about your fear of balloons, but one of them thought it was a little exaggerated. So, he thought it'd be funny to scare you a little.

He snuck up behind you and tapped you on your shoulder. When you turned around he quickly popped the balloon and burst into laughter while you stood there with tears in your eyes. the sound was loud. Way too loud. You panicked and covered your ears and hid under a table.

He immediately regretted scaring you when he realized just how frightened you were. "Shoot, y/n, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I thought Sofia was just exaggerating a little, I didn't think you'd be so scared. I'm so sorry. Can you come out?" He asked and when you told him no he knew he had no other choice but to ask for help.

He got some of Sofia's other close friends to help calm you down enough to come out but no one could. "I'll go get Sofia," one of them said as they ran out of the room and over to where Sofia was. They quickly explained the situation and ran into the room. Sofia pushed passed everyone to get to the table you were under.

She got down on her knees and saw you under there with your ears covered. "Oh, baby." She reached for your hands and took them in hers. your bottom lip quivered and your body was trembling with fear. "It's okay. You can come out." you shook your head.

"I can't, I can't" you mumbled over and over again. Sofia ran her thumb across your hand before bringing it up to her lips to plant a soft kiss to it. "Honey, you're safe. Nothing bad is ever gonna happen to you when I'm with you. You know I'll keep ya safe. You've got no reason to be scared. There are no more balloons, they're all gone now. Please come out."

You sniffled but nodded your head and slowly let Sofia pull you out. You crawled onto her lap when you were out and you wrapped your arms around her. you clutched her shirt in your shaky hands as she rubbed your back and whispered softly in your ear. "It's okay" she promised. "you're safe."

"Can we go home?" You asked hesitantly but Sofia didn't hesitate to answer you. "Of course. C'mon, I've got you." She stood up and helped you do the same before leading you out to the car to take you home where she knew you'd feel better.