she cries herself to sleep in your arms (requested)

"Hey, baby!" You grinned as Sofia walked into the bedroom. "Did you have a good day today?"

She shook her head as she took off her hoodie and your heart sank slightly upon hearing that her day was bad.

"Oh, I'm sorry, baby. Do you want a hug?" You asked as you opened your arms for her.

She was in desperate need to feel your arms around her.

After the day she'd had, she needed nothing more than to be wrapped in your warm embrace.

So, instantly, she got into bed and crawled into your arms.

She breathed out a long and heavy sigh as you put them around her and gave her a big, comforting squeeze.

And as you held her, the tears welled up in her eyes as her emotions began to get the best of her and before either of you knew it, she was crying.

"Baby?" You spoke as you rubbed her back. "What's going on?"

She wordlessly shrugged her shoulders and sniffled as the tears continued to fall down her cheeks.

It's been hard lately.

She's been so busy with different projects and on top of that, the hate has been getting the best of her.

She's been feeling quite low lately and it all seems to be catching up to her now.

"Oh, baby, it's okay." You said as you kissed her head. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She shook her head.

"Okay." You spoke. "That's alright. Just know that I'm here for you."

Your words made her tear up more and she began to sob in your arms, burying her face in your neck as she did so.

You did your best to soothe her as she cried.

You put your head on hers and brushed your nails across her back, hoping it would help to comfort her.

It broke your heart to see her hurting so much, to hear her crying so hard.

"I'm sorry for crying so much." She sniffled.

"Don't be sorry, Sofia. You need to let it out. You're going through a lot right now and if you need to cry it out, you can. You're safe to do so with me. Just know that I'm right here with you. I'll keep holding you the whole time."

Your words made more tears fall from her eyes and though they weren't tears of sadness, with all the tears falling from her eyes they made it seem that way, and your heart broke to see her so sad.

"I love you so much, baby. I've got you." You said comfortingly, softly kissing her head.

A few minutes went by before she suddenly went quiet.

"Sofia?" You spoke as you stared down at her.

And that's when you realized that she'd fallen asleep.

She had cried herself to sleep.

"Maybe you'll feel better when you wake up." You said as you played with her hair. "I'll still be here when you do. Sleep tight, my love."

You watched her sleep, wiping away the tear stains from her cheek as she did so.

And all you could do was hope that when she wakes up, she'll feel better.