*Mika*

It took a while to convince Harry that it wasn't a joke. And then Vernon and Petunia interrupted leading Dudley to get a pig's tail from Hagrid. In the end, they slept soundly under Hagrid's blanket. 

The next morning, Hagrid took them to Diagon Alley, which was convenient for Iris. However, they had to go through the muggle trains to get to the leaky cauldron. It wasn't that much of a pain but Iris said in her head that it would have been much faster if they took the bus. They arrived at the leaky cauldron, which was as warm as Iris could remember. "Ah, Hagrid. The usual?" Asked Tom. "Can't Tom, I'm on Hogwarts business." As Iris suspected, there were several gasps. Soon nearly everyone in the pub rushed over to shake Harry's hand, or stare at his forehead where the scar stood. 

Iris narrowed her eyes, and soon after seeing Harry's discomfort, she shooed everyone away. Their last person was Professor Quirrel. Harry automatically stuck out his hand after Hagrid introduced them, but the stuttering man didn't take it. After that, Hagrid led them to the back and opened the entry to Diagon Alley. Harry was blown away by the shops all around the alley, Iris smiled. They stopped by Gringotts first, so that Harry could get his money, Iris could transfer her money, and Hagrid needed to get something. 

Iris's thing went smoothly, she now only owed the bank 7 years of Hogwarts. They stopped by her vault which she took some coins, and then Harry's. He had so much more money than she did, but that was due to his parents. She felt a little twinge of jealousy but she knew it was wrong to think that. Hagrid's stop was in a 'top secret' vault, which he only retrieved a small pouch.

After that, they split off and decided to meet at madam malkins in half an hour. Harry and Hagrid went to Ollivander's as Iris went to the ice cream shop. She searched the seats, and at the very far corner, she saw Mika eating an ice cream cone with a huge pile of books beside her. Iris subtly made her way over. "Hey, Mika!" She greeted and sat down across from her. "Hey, girl! How was you're summer?" Iris groaned. "I've had better. Oh but Harry got his letter and he's shopping here right now!" Mika was one of the only people aside from Eric and Phelipe who knew she was related to Harry. 

"Merlin! That's amazing! At least he gets a break from your parents." Iris laughed. "How've you been?" Mika rolled her chocolate brown eyes. "Unpleasant. Mum and dad were all occupied with Haley and Gina. They both got prefect and Head girl. It was so annoying because mum made every moment to remind me what a disgrace I was." Mika was the youngest out of three sisters. Her parents were rich prejudiced parents, though not nearly as strong-minded as say the Malfoys. Mika's family came from a long line of Slytherins, and she was one of the famous people who 'broke the tradition'. 

"Ugh, that sucks. I hate it when parents just fuss over other siblings." Having parents who loved their siblings more than them, brought the two close together. It was something Iris had in common with no other people. "Anyways, I hear Eric got prefect, did you get Ravenclaw Prefect?" Iris scoffed. "yeah right. I doubt Flitwick would want me to be in charge of everything. I bet he gave it to Clearwater." Mika let out a disgusted sound. "Course he did. Though I think you should've gotten it." Iris shrugged. "Anyways, are those the books then?" Mika's attention was now on the pile beside her. "Yup, most if them I haven't used, so they are in good condition. hough I don't know why we need this many." Iris laughed, then looked at her watch. "Bloody hell, I have to get to Madam Malkins. Hagrid and Harry are waiting there for me, see you at school Mika!" Mika waved her goodbye as Iris rushed out of the store with her bag considerably heavier. 

She found her way to the robes store, just in time as she saw Harry coming out. "There yeh are Iris. Thought you might've lost yer way!" Hagrid said. Iris bent over to catch her breath. 'Sorry, lost track of time. Got everything, Harry?" Harry lifted his arms to show her the stuff he bought, including a birdcage that held a beautiful snowy owl. Iris petted the bird with fondness. "Aww, she's beautiful. I'm excited to see fathers reaction." Iris giggled at her imagination, and so did Harry, but something seemed to be off. "You alright Harry?" She asked concerned. He looked at her. "Yeah, just while I was in the shop, a rather rude boy was talking about quidditch, and houses, and asked me if my parents were 'our' kind." Iris knew of this type of behaviour. "And what did you reply?" "That my parents were wizards and witches, he said that we shouldn't let in the other kind." 

Iris sighed. "Don't worry about it Harry, it's better to ignore those types of kids. And in case you were wondering, quidditch is a sport played on brooms. It's like a mix of basketball and soccer. It's my favourite. And Hufflepuff is one of four houses at Hogwarts. The other three are Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin. I'm in Ravenclaw, and on the first day of school, you'll be sorted too." Harry gleamed at her which held obvious excitement. Iris couldn't wait to tell him all about the magical world. 

"What's the difference between all the houses?" Harry inquired. Hagrid led them to the leaky cauldron. "Well, Ravenclaws are basically people who have the traits of wisdom, wit, intelligence, and learning. Our house animal is an eagle." "So basically nerds," Harry said. "Hey! Not all of us are nerds. Anyways, Gryffindor is for courage, chivalry, and determination. Their animal is a lion." Harry thought of the traits and thought Gryffindor best suited him out of the two he knew about.

"Hufflepuff values hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play. They use a badger as their symbol. And lastly, Slytherin. The snake house, are ambitus, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. It doesn't matter which house you're put in, but after you're sorted, your house is basically your own family. Of course, houses tend to mingle with one another, but just so you know, Gryffindor and Slytherin don't really go well together."