*Merlins's beard*

September

Iris's last year of Hogwarts meant she had to figure out what to do in the future. They were supposed to have meetings with the house leaders to discuss what courses they should take. The first week they had was off for them, so they could explore in deeper detail the possibilities of future jobs. Iris and Percy had spent most of their time in the library, otherwise patrolling and giving punishments. Even though Percy had his heart set on being a minister for magic, he was going through twice as many books as Iris. Over these study dates, the two learned a little bit more of each other, which seemed to be the only time Percy expressed his feelings. Iris would have thought he would have been a bit more chill now that it was his last year of Hogwarts and accomplished everything he wanted to before he graduated, or perhaps Percy didn't like showing affection in public. Iris respected his decision and found not to kiss him, or hug him in front of people. She also knew not to hold hands with him, but she didn't mind. She expected these things from him, so she was never mad.

Of course, that didn't stop her from teasing him often, she did that before they were dating so why not now? Harry didn't really enjoy his older cousin in a relationship, as well as lots of boys. Apparently, most of them were offended she chose Percy over the 'good-looking' jocks. Iris ignored them liked they didn't exist, but sometimes it made Percy re-think it all. He'd get annoyed with the other guys ranking him down, thinking they could have easily dated iris. It wasn't jealousy per se, it was just in his head sometimes. Back to Harry, he was a bit annoyed hearing the same conversation going around the common room, about Percy and Iris being head boy and girl together, ironically also dating at the same time. He also felt defensive over her, not liking Percy, however Weasley he may be, to sweep her off her feet like that. Harry used to respect Percy, but now all he did was give him a blank expression. It was nothing personal. 

Iris had no idea what she wanted to do in the future, but she had a couple of ideas. She first would've thought of being a quidditch player, but she wanted something a little less intense. She could work for the ministry, in many different departments, but none seemed to interest her. She also felt the ministry was always a bit sketchy, but she kept her thoughts to herself. She wanted to do something that wasn't so time-consuming, knowing she'd have to take care of Harry next year. Her meeting with Flitwick was next Friday, so maybe he could help her find what she wanted. Iris was sitting at the Gryffindor table, next to Percy and surrounded by everyone else. "Hey, where are Phelipe and Eric?" Fred and George asked. Iris snorted, gaining a disapproving look from Percy. She disregarded him and shook her head violently, but also wanting to smirk. "So you haven't heard?" Percy rolled his eyes and continued eating his cereal. He was there when 'something' happened. 

The Weasleys and Harry looked at her eagerly, wanting to know what was going on. Iris cleared her throat, happy with the attention. "Well, you know they were fighting yesterday right?" She asked, getting nods all around. "Well, last night, I found the two in the prefects bathroom," She almost gagged when she recalled her memory, she would forever be scarred, but it wasn't even that bad. "I walked in on them, snogging." She heard noises of disgust going around. Percy gave her a side glance, which nobody noticed because they were busy gagging. Iris shrugged smiling slightly. Apart from being happy and disgusted for her two best friends, the story she just told wasn't the exact truth. 

Yes the boys were snogging, and yes it was in the prefects bathroom, but they walked into Percy and Iris mid snog, while the other two were in deep affection. But to be fair, Iris and Percy were just sharing a quick kiss, not a long snog like the other couple. Everyone started laughing, and the post arrived. Hedwig came swooping down in front of Iris, she sometimes got mail for her too. She dropped off a letter, then moving to Harry. People contained to their breakfast, while iris tore the letter open, Percy watching from beside. It was a letter from the headmaster, and iris read it curiously.