*Quidditch*

September 20th, 1991

"Ugh, there are so many dumb people here," Phelipe wined. "Shh, don't say that Lipe, maybe they're better in the air," Iris said. As captain of the quidditch team, she had to choose who was going to be on the team. Tryouts were today and she had a handful of clumsy people. Iris played as a chaser, so she needed literally every other spot filled. Phelipe was a decent beater and has been playing since second year. She had a couple of second years, few third years, one or two fourth years, several fifth years, lots of sixth years, and 6 seventh years. 

"Alright, let's start with chasers. Davies, you go first, then Lotus, Ryan, and Vonchez." And so the tryouts went on. She had a pretty obvious choice of beaters and keeper, but her chasers could use a little more practice. "Chang, Duke, you're next." For her seeker, she chose to go with the 7th year, Chang was only in her 2nd year, she had time to improve. "All right, practice is on Thursday, DO NOT be late. If I notice any one of you cheating, playing rough, playing solo, or treating the team like rubbish, you will be kicked off the team, do you understand?" She asked. She received nods from her teammates. "Alright, I'll see you all Thursday." Iris wrapped up the tryouts and left with Phelipe to the Ravenclaw common rooms. 

"Why'd you do the tryouts so early in the season?" Phelipe asked with a yawn. Iris kept her 'Dursley Approved' posture and replied. "Well, Wood already has his team assembled, I thought we should too." They turned the corner where the staircase leading to the tower was. "So you're basically copying him" Without thinking, Iris replied. "no, not necessarily," Phelipe grunted. "Hey, isn't it interesting how all the quidditch captains are fifth years this year? Like there's Wheeler, Wood, and Flint. Now that I think about it, you're the only female captain." Iris shrugged as they walked up the stairs. "Doesn't matter what gender I am, gotta admit wood and wheeler are good leaders, but that doesn't mean I'm not. Flint might win lots of matches, but he's really not that good." They stopped in front of the door, and the golden eagle asked them a riddle. 

'You can hold me in your left hand, but not your right, what am I?" Iris and Phelipe both answered at the same time. "Your right hand," Phelipe said. "Your right elbow," Iris said. They looked at each other with a raised eyebrows. Nonetheless, the door unlocked, letting them in. Nearly 30 seconds passed, and then spontaneously, they said. "I answered it!" at the same time. Iris narrowed her eyes and walked into the circular common room. "I answered it! Why would you hold your hand?" The Latino scoffed. "People can hold their hand! See, I'm doing it right now!" He demonstrated it for her. "First of all, it looks weird," she said, lowering his clasped hands that were buzzing in front of her. "And secondly, yeah people can do that, but most people hold their elbows more often, like when they're nervous or," Iris started explaining. 

"No Ris, that's science-" Phelipe started, but Eric interrupted them from the couch. "Stop, both answers are right, but Phelipe's is more obvious. Iris, you lack common sense-" "Hey I do not!" Iris said offended. Eric looked at her with a slight glare. "If you were stuck in a room with an unlocked door, you would use all of your brains to set the wall on fire or some rubbish." He said it with a little tone in his voice, Iris started wondering. "And you two bicker over such small nonsense, it's sickening. Yes, congratulations that you even let yourself in, now please, shut the bloody hell up." He turned around back to his homework scratching the quill in his hand to the parchment. Iris and Phelipe looked at one another. Eric usually never lashed out, sure he was sarcastic. Iris jumped over the couch and sat beside him. 

"Who got your knickers in a twist?" Eric spared her a glare. Iris nodded awkwardly and turned her attention to the fire. "Clearwater huh?" The boy nodded as Phelipe sat down in the chair. "What'd she do this time?" Philippe asked. "Nothing. That's it, she did nothing. Just kept chatting away with Weasley, bet he was annoyed as much as I was. 'oh Percy, you're so strong. you must work out a lot.'" Eric started mimicking Clearwater. "'Don't we work perfectly together? No wonder why Flitwick partnered us," Iris grinned at his imitation. "I see, and I bet she said something about me that made you angry?" She guessed. Eric sighed. "She was complaining about how you cheat through everything, you know since you don't study? Thinks you're just doing it so you can get attention." The blond shrugged. "S'not my fault I have photographic memory, if anything, I wonder how she can get top of the class with all her heart set on Percy." Iris stared into the fire, she didn't notice both boys were smirking at her. "Percy actually told her to shut up you know, when she said that. Told her you would never cheat in anything." Eric added. Iris's heart fluttered a little. "He did?!" She asked eagerly, but then realized how she sounded and said it again. "I mean- Of course he did, I told Fred and George off when they tried to cheat in a test." She deepened her voice and looked away. 

"You like him don't you?" Phelipe asked with a smug look. Iris blushed just a little but denied it. "Of course I don't. He's not even my friend. I've told you the last 5 years that I don't." Raising an eyebrow, "Then why'd you blush?" Iris tried to think of a spider or her brother. "Am not, it's just the fire. Oh wow, is it time already? Better get to bed, night boys." She parted from them and ran up to her dorm. She cursed herself for thinking of Percy as more than a friend, or even a friend. Why would she blush? She made herself believe it was just the fire. "Oh good, you're back," Penelope said from her bed. Iris scowled and got ready for bed. "Don't ever remember you excited to see me back, except in first year," Iris said in a slight whisper, but it held no kindness. Clearwater held her nose high. "That was when I was stupid, I've learned from then that you're no better than a dementor." Iris narrowed her eyes, "At least I don't assume the worst like a clingy person," They glared fiercely at one another, until Iris aggressively closed her bed curtains, and drifted off into a dream including Percy, that she would not remember in the morning.

--------------------------

So so so sorry for the late update 😬😬😬