*Minnie*

Iris was called to Dumbledore's office almost immediately after Percy had left the pub. She was honesty tired and was not in the right mood to see the headmaster, but she didn't have any other choice. Her attire was not at all appropriate to visit Hogwarts ket alone the headmaster, but when she entered his office he didn't seem to acknowledge it. "I hope I haven't bothered you," The old mad said as Iris took a seat across from him. "Not at all," she lied. He nodded slowly, wondering how he was going to tell the news to the young lady. 

"Iris, I have to tell you some news that I know you will not take lightly, but I ask for your understanding." Iris straightened up in her chair, wondering what it will be. "Alright, just tell me, she said losing her patience. Dumbledore stared intently at her. "The ministry has started to take over Hogwarts, which is something I cannot prevent. It also happens, that they are putting up new restrictions for the teaching staff, to give students 'safer' education. For example, a teacher must have at least 5 years worth of clean background, something that was put up against Severus but didn't make much effect. Other rules are Individuals who have had teaching experience, passed the exams with no lower than A's, but also, teachers must be older than... 25." he said bitterly. Iris gasped outraged. As far as she knew, she could be one of the best arithmancy teachers in a while, and they were setting a limit on age? Although it was quite understandable, Iris couldn't handle any more bad news. 

"So you're firing me?" She asked. He held up a hand, indicating he let her speak. "I will have to eventually, or more the ministry will, however, I am giving you a chance to resign right now, so it won't be recorded." Iris sighed with her head in her hands, this day was not going her way. "But then what about all the hard work I put in this summer? Couldn't you have told me sooner?" She asked. The old man sighed again. "I really wish I could've Iris, but I only got the update a few days ago. While it may seem your new lesson plans will become of waste, it will be very useful to hand them to the substitute teacher until you may be able to come back. " Iris was about to argue, but if she didn't give her hard work to another person, it would be a waste. 

iris fell silent for a bit, then had a concern which Dumbledore picked up on. "Mrs. Dursley, if anything I think it is for the better given your current, situation." He looked at her sadly, bringing tears to her eyes. "But Professor, where am I supposed to live? Percy won't have me, and I don't want many people to know." Dumbledore thought quickly of a possible solution, and he thought of one candidate that could take care of her. "Iris, would you be alright if I called Minerva down? I'm sure she will allow you a place to stay." Iris liked the sound of McGonagall and allowed the witch to come in, who was very confused. "Albus, may I ask why young Iris is here?" Dumbledore quickly explained the age rule, making the professor quickly console the girl. But she didn't understand the necessity for the tears.

Dumbledore asked if Iris wanted to explain, and she breathed deeply before starting at the beginning. Percy got a promotion from the ministry to become junior assistant, and while it was a very good offer, his parents and myself thought it was suspicious but it came out the wrong way. Percy got angry and left, and now he's living in an apartment in London by himself. Just an hour ago, we ended things, but I didn't tell him something." Minie listened intently as she was trying to solve the puzzle. "I- I'm" Iris started, finding it very hard to bring it up. "I'm 4 months pregnant." she cried out. Minnie embraced her, soothing her hair like a mother. "I have nowhere to go, my parents would never accept me, and I'm afraid to tell Percy." In that split second, Minnie already made up her mind. "You can stay with me, I'm afraid I won't be around a lot, but it will bring my home some use. I only use it in the summer which is a bit of a waste, I almost demand you come home with me." Dumbledore smiled at the older woman, knowing how kind of a heart she has. 

Iris didn't expect it at all and burst into happy tears. Maybe it was because of the hormones, but who cares. "Thank you so much, Minnie," she mumbled. She calmed herself down by taking deep breaths which allowed her to see her new roomie more clearly. Minnie was smiling at her, something she only did around other professors. "Well now that that's settled, I suggest iris you get some rest." "Oh but professor, what will I tell the others?" Dumbledore had already thought this through. "I will be telling them you will be away for a while, I'm assuming you are expecting around February correct?" Iris was amazed by the fast math but nodded nonetheless. "Then that's done, I will be telling the others you will be away until February, oh but Iris," He said as the two witches were about to leave the room. "I advise you to not tell anyone until you are sure of your plans for the baby, at the moment, it may be hard to trust some people."

****

Minerva had taken the girl to her house right after they left headquarters to pick up Iris's stuff, which wasn't a lot. The house was fairly small, but it was enough for the old witch and the young one to reside in. "Thank you so much again, Minnie, I can't express how much I appreciate it," Iris said gratefully. Minnie smiled sweetly, preparing tea. "Don't mention it dear, anyways the house could use some young company," Iris smiled and sipped her tea, maybe her day wasn't going the worst it's ever been. "Iris can I ask?" She questioned, and iris nodded, encouraging her to question. "Dear, have you thought of what you are going to do with the baby?" iris looked down at her cup. "Sort of, I know I can't keep it, no matter how much I want to," Minnie questioned why. "Er, it's just, I don't know if I'm ready to raise a child yet, but I feel guilty if I give it up for adoption." Minerva nodded trying to help the girl. 

"But I think I am going to adopt it, I think, it would have a better life if they had a different parent. But I also thought, maybe I'd give it to a muggle family, I'm not sure why but it somehow makes me feel more connected. But I think I'd visit it once in a while, hopefully." Minnie looked at her with some slight proudness, she felt like she had partly raised iris through the years. "Whatever you decide to do, I will be supportive, but for now, how about you get some rest?"