(Ch 4) Cassim

[Sarnai's pov]

"Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" I shouted as I face planted onto my bed after running a few miles to separate myself from the man. He gave me such a scary look that I ran out of fear. Whoever that kid was sure meant business. I inhaled the scent of my freshly washed sheets before I let sleep engulf me.

[time skip]

The sun light beamed down on my face waking me up from my sleep. I groaned but got up anyway to face another day in this country. The man's face from last night came into my mind first thing which pissed me off. I didn't need trouble first thing in the morning.

I got up and fixed my wrinkly clothing before leaving my room aiming to explore the country a bit more. Walking amongst the scores of people I found myself at a wide market place with stands of foods covering the area. This was a perfect place to get breakfast and no one could judge me. I looked over each stand as my stomach rumbled. Even with all the delicious choices of food I went for a small fruit basket. After I ate it I spotted two little children, a boy and a girl with black hair. The two were begging for money as many people passed them. I just used the Kou bills I borrowed and had nothing left but I couldn't let the kids sit there and starve.

Getting up I walked towards them with a bright smile on my face. I kneeled down facing the two before I spoke.

"Are you two hungry?" I asked looking at the scared kids.

"Y-Yes we are miss, please spar us some change." The boy pleaded, I felt my heart shatter.

"I'll give you more then change, but first let me buy you two some food. Go wait by a stand of your choice and I'll come back with some money to buy you guys a decent meal." I replied and with my words the two lit up with joy leaping forward to hug me.

"Thank you! If it's not too much trouble could we get something for our mother? She needs food so that she can feed our baby sister." The boy spoke as he gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Yes of course! We can buy the whole market if that's what you want." I replied as I stood up with the two at my side.

"I'll be back in a minute, so go wait by a stand. I'll be back with some money okay?" The two nodded and headed there way towards the market.

[time skip]

"Thank you again." I called to the women who gave me the Kou bills. I started walking back towards the market only to hear crying and a man yelling with mummers mixing in with the crying. I pushed past the crowd only to see a fat man with a black beard yelling at the boy as he gripped his wrist turning it purple. The boys younger sister was wailing as a deep red mark was on her cheek from a slap or a punch.

The man was cursing at the boy calling him all sorts of names as the boy held back tears from fear and pain. I watched the sight before me and my blood boiled. The fact that no one was helping the children ticked me off.

[Cassim's pov]

"You piece of filth! What makes you think you can place a hand on my produce? Having you around my stand already brought the value down ten folds!" The privileged man shouted towards the young boy. I stood in the crowd watching him yell at the boy. I got ready to leave the crowd and kill the man but the girl from last night emerged from the crowd with an irritated expression.

"Cassim is that her?" Hassan whispered. I nodded as she approached the man. The fat man turned around and she squared him right in the face forcing him to let go of the boys wrist as blood and teeth fell from his mouth as he collided with the ground.

"What the fuck! Who do you think you are bitch!" The man shouted in pure rage towards the girl but she stood there unfazed.

"Who do I think I am? I should be asking you that you fat pig! Punching a child and gripping a boys wrist till it turns purple is unforgivable! How would you like it if I did it to you?!" Her eyes were furrowed as her emerald eyes peered at the man on the ground.