(Ch 23) Our Father's Curse

[Sarnai's pov]

It's been two days since Kougyoku and Hakuryuu arrived here in Sindria and it's been an easy two days since the 'Sinbad' situation with Kougyoku. I helped them get situated in their respective rooms and showed them around a little before I had to speak with my generals. Things were going too well for me right now and I knew something was up, and I got my answer.

"Why are you here? You promised me you'd be in Kou once the Balbadd situation was over!" I nervously chuckled at Kougyoku's words and took a small sip of my tea while listening to her rant over and over about the promises I made with her in Balbadd. We were chatting in one of the many lounges in the palace and it was very comfortable. The floors were covered in a teal tile with a rectangular carpet below our chairs. A small coffee table was between Kougyouke and me and directly in front of a small fireplace that was to the left of us. White pillars stood beside it and reached the ceiling as it blended in with the white paint. Large windows were to the side of it with long baby blue curtains tied apart from each other letting the morning light come in.

The room was small but perfect for me and Kougyoku since it was just the two of us. There were a few paintings in the room that matched the mood and it couldn't be more perfect, but not right now as I was getting yelled at which does not fit the tone of the room.

"I know and I will be soon enough-" She stood up abruptly, slammed her hands down on the table in front of us, and looked me in the eyes with furrowed brows while I shut my mouth and clutched my tea cup.

"No more lies Sara! Do you want to marry my brother? Because if not, why do you insist on telling us over and over again that you do?" Her eyes remained locked onto mine as I gently placed my cup down. I thought about it for a second, I never really wanted to marry Kouen because I believed Sinbad would return, but looking at it now, I wasted 12 years of my life waiting for Sinbad to come back to me but forgot I had Kouen with me every second of those 12 years, even if our engagement was forced he made it feel natural.

"Kougyoku," I gazed at her and watched as her pouting face changed into a more curious expression. "I know I have made a lot of excuses but I truly want to marry Kouen with all my heart, he is the best thing to ever happen to me and I regret making him wait so long. Please be patient with me, I sent another letter to the emperor and will write one to Kouen personally, is that okay?" I giggled. She stood there thinking for a moment and looked me deeper in the eye and nodded.

"You better keep your word this time Sara," She mumbled and I smiled. "I promise Kougyoku," we spent the remaining hour talking and catching up on things and even some girl talk. I always loved spending time with her and it was nice exchanging words with her without some conflict happening around us. We were discussing clothes until we heard the door to the lounge creak open and were greeted by Hakuryuu.

"Oh, Hakuryuu! Good Morning." I beamed as he smiled in return. "Good morning Sarnai," He walked in with a smile and a determined look in his eyes as he walked up to me and Kougyoku.

"I hope I'm not disrupting anything?" He asked and I shook my head. "Nothing at all, just catching up on some girl stuff and things I have missed since I left Kou five years ago." I smiled. "So what's up Hakuryuu?" I took a sip from my cup of tea.

"Is it possible to take me to Prince Alibaba?" I placed my cup down and looked him in the eye, "Why?"

"King Sinbad wanted me to spend time with him and learn from him," He smiled. Lifting my brow I thought to myself why Sinbad would even think about Alibaba and Hakuryuu meeting, but I also thought about what the perverted king talked about with Hakuryuu.

"Sure, I can take you. Kougyoku would you like to stay here or would you like to come?" I stood up and turned to her with a smile. "Sure why not, I need to stretch my legs anyways." She also stood and I smiled.