(Ch 26) History All Over

[Sinbad's POV]

"So tell me Sin, are you going to sacrifice everything you dreamed of because of feelings?" Ja'far asked me one more time and I couldn't respond.

"Rumours are going around about the two of you sleeping together and they seemed to grab the attention of the Kou Empire Sin," he breathed.

"But the rumours are true-"

"That's not the point!" He barked as I flinched at his aggression, "Because of Sarnai being here, everything you built, everything you sacrificed will be as if they didn't matter because Kou will do anything to destroy you because she is residing here." He stated as I looked up at the palace that I dreamed of having, the one that was sketched on paper thousands of times to represent everything I did to get here. "So what are you going to do?"

"I-" My voice wouldn't come out and I couldn't find any words to even change the topic. Ja'far knew that I still had feelings for her and they were interfering with my decisions as king and I started to notice them too recently. In Balbadd during the up-roar, and even here, my own fucking country. I wasn't even in control of my people because I wanted her to see what I had done so I started changing things in a way that I thought she would've done.

"Sinbad?" She called me again and I had to give her answers, but I had to give Ja'far an answer too. My right-hand man who stuck with me through thick and thin, and the only woman that stayed in my head longer than anyone else.

[Sarnai's POV]

I was scared if that's the way you could describe it. Kou wanted to start a war with Sindria and I couldn't help but feel responsible for it simply because I was here. I stared at Sinbad's back feeling sweat in my palms as Ja'far looked at me with sympathy and I hated it. I could see Sinbad's deep breaths as his shoulders raised and fell with each inhale and exhale he did. My eyes didn't falter from his frame and I stood tall as guards watched me and him.

"Sinbad-"

"I think you should go," I held my breath. "What?"

"After things are done here, you should go back to Kou with Princess Kougyoku and Ren Hakuryuu when they leave, it's for the better," Sinbad spoke and walked off with Ja'far following close behind while I stood still, watching him walk away with a cold shoulder aimed towards me.

"Sara?" I heard the soft voice of Kougyoku behind me and I turned to her with a smile on my face.

"Yes, dear?" I asked as she looked troubled. "If it's not too much trouble, I would like to speak to King Sinbad, I want to apologize and I thought...since you are friends with him..." She stammered while her pink eyes avoided mine.

"That you'd have a better chance at speaking to him?" I asked and she nodded shyly. "Alright I'll take you come on now," I spoke gently and we followed the king to his war room. I didn't want her to see the look on my face and see how sad I was, or the fact that I wanted Sinbad more than Kouen.

[Third person POV]

The war room was quiet after the generals left and King Sinbad sat there alone, lost in his thoughts while looking at the burn marks that covered his left arms and chest. It gave him time to ponder on his words to the queen and knew it was for the better of his country and its people residing in it, even if it meant her hating him for good. He placed his head into his palms, rubbing his face as he sighed loudly.

"I'm an idiot..." he mumbled into his hands while looking at the outline of the sea that surrounded his kingdom, one that reminded him of her. That's the reason he chose this island, cause it resembled Liones, her country. Reminding him every day what he desired more than anything, of who he wanted.