(Ch 5) Old Friends

[Sarnai's pov]

"I know you're there Cassim!" I called sweetly into the alleyway as I walked down one of the many roads in the slums. For the past couple I've been here, and since I met Cassim the Fog Troops Leader he's been following me everywhere. For the first few weeks I didn't notice him, then again I never expected him to follow me. Once I figured out what was going on I would confront him every time I felt that someone was following me and storm off before he could catch up.

"You're getting good at this sparky~" The boy purred as I felt him walk up behind me. Even after I found out it was him, he wasn't too secretive about hiding the fact that he was following me. He would come up to me and say a cheesy line then I would yell at him and storm off. That was our daily routine that I got used too. Even though he was the reason I was here I didn't mind he company.

"What did I say about calling me that?!" I hissed at the boy as I picked up my basket full of sweets. I turned to look at him as a smug look crossed his face. Every time he called me some nickname that was related to my outburst I would snap at him and he would have that smirk on his face.

"You know I'm joking, so what have you got planned today?" He slightly lifted the lid of my basket trying to see what was inside but I pulled it away and started walking.

"See you soon Cassim! Don't get into too much trouble alright?" I ignored his questions as I took a turn so he wouldn't follow me. In the distance I heard him yell something back but didn't know what cause of the distance I put between him and I.

'He's a wild one.' I laughed at my comment as I walked down the alleyways of the slums. Due to my loud outburst in the market people have either stayed away from me or come up to me asking questions. I didn't mind it at all but it built a reputation around me that some people liked while others disliked it and I didn't need anymore people noticing me. On the bright side though I got to see the smiling faces of the families in the slums and that always brightened my day.

Once I made it to the bridge that separated the two sides I was greeted with the smell of food and wine. Those two smells filled my nose and stomach making my belly rumble, that smell of freshly cooked food always made me act up.

'No! I already spent enough money!' I shook my head before I continued walking back towards the hotel where I stayed. The basket full of sweets stayed on my side as I walked past the servants and residents of the hotel.

"Pardon me Your Highness, but you have two guests in your room waiting for you." A maid walked up to me and held a gentle smile on her face.

"Guests? What did they look like?" Turning to face her I gave her a confused look which made her giggle.

"One had beautiful blue hair while the other was extremely tall with very gorgeous yellow eyes." Excitement filled my body as I knew who they were. Bowing towards the servant I began running down the halls towards the room where I stayed. Once I made it to my door I burst it open and saw the two inside playing with little accessories in the room.

"You mad geniuses!" I squealed as they both held wide smiles on their faces while they looked at the doorway where I stood. I ran into the room and hugged the two as we laughed due to the odd situation where I caught them snooping in my belongings.

"When did you two get here?" I franticly looked between the two as I asked the question.

"We got here an hour ago and when we got to the hotel the maids just led us up here and told us to wait for you!" Zen exclaimed as she hugged me tighter before she had a sudden change in heart and grabbed my shirt forcing me to look her in the eyes. Her eyes that were once filled with excitement were looking at me like I did something horrendous.