(Ch 9) The Talk

[Third person pov]

"King Ahbmad please restore trade with Liones!" The banker called once more as the stubborn king eyed the Queen. She stared at the spoiled king with a smirk on her face as the banker rambled on about why he should reconsider. The king felt his blood boil at the sight of the queen smirking. She knew something like this would have happened eventually, but didn't expect it to be now.

"That's enough Markkio, no need to make the man's ears bleed." She laughed as the banker stopped mumbling.

"You see I did come here to restore trade, but with what's happening here and how the king treats his citizens I wouldn't want someone like him doing business with my country...So I have come here to officially stop trade with Balbadd." She spoke as if this was a minor situation. The people around her gasped and held expressions of shock.

"Y-Your Highness! Are you sure? If you do this you won't be able to restart trade ever again!" Markkio pestered as the queen silenced him with only a flick of her wrist.

"Yes, I'm sure. I wouldn't want to cause trouble for this man here since he already has enough on his plate, so I'll be taking my leave." She bowed towards the king then towards the banker and Judar.

"Will I be seeing you two in Kou in the coming months?" She asked as the two nodded with smirks on their faces.

"Well then goodbye Ahbmad, and do listen to what Alibaba has to say." The Queen looked to Alibaba and gave him a bright smile before looking to the Sindrian King and taking her leave.

'She sure changed a lot since the last time I saw her...'

[Time skip]

The night began to emerge as the meeting with the king didn't go so well. Sarnai heard of what happened and felt guilty for being there. She thought maybe she was the problem with what happened since she made Ahbmad mad. But whatever she thought, she knew it wasn't her fault. Ahbmad was a terrible man and she knew that from the very beginning, but she couldn't help but feel bad for Alibaba. He put his heart and soul into the meeting only for it to downfall.

"So trade with Balbadd is officially done?" Ada questioned the queen as she sipped on her tea.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." Once the Queen came back all her generals scolded her for leaving without any of them. But the minute they heard that trade stopped for good they didn't know what to say.

"Please don't be mad, the way Ahbmad was treating his citizens put a sour taste into everyone's mouth. I believe that Liones needed to step away from Balbadd in order for it to flourish more...Though if the country does change then I have made a bad decision." She nervously laughed while her generals gave her a frightening glare. Sarnai told them all about what happened there and how she saw Judar and the banker. They were furious but accepted what she had done.

"Now could you leave me be? I need to be with my thoughts." Her generals nodded before taking their leave. Without their presence, the room felt lonely and quiet, but it was good for the queen as she recalled the meeting. That was until a knock fell on her door.

"Coming!" She stood up fast and walked to the door with purpose. Once she turned the doorknob she saw the man she didn't expect to see at all.

"S-Sinbad? What can I do for you?" She nervously smiled as the king smiled back. It's been a while since they last talked and to her things were awkward while the king was curious as to why they haven't talked.

"Sarnai, could we speak for a moment?" She felt her body being squeezed by the stare of the king. She opened the door to let him in without a word. The king walked on in and took a seat on one of the chairs in her room. She followed him and sat across from him as she nervously looked at his hazel eyes.