(Ch 15) The Finale Battle

This chapter is like the dungeon one, it will be longer and less detailed.

[Sarnai's pov]

"I've been told that Balbadd has become a republic! Which means all the riches, once owned by the king will now be equally distributed among the people of this country." He announced. I gazed at him intently while he waved the Fog Binding sword around amusingly.

"But doesn't seem like it's all a big scam!?" I mentally sighed. I could hear a sea of gasps and mumbles amongst the crowd as they thought about Cassim's words. The people trusted him since the Fog Troop was nothing but help when Ahbmad was still ruling.

"You'll distribute it to us? Every single thing this country owns was built by our, the peoples blood and sweat! It was ours to have from the very beginning! And who depleted Balbadd with inept policies? And now wants all the citizens to pay for it!" Cassim hissed. He looked around at the people who listened to every word he uttered.

"You remember don't you? Those days when they plucked everything we had with heavy taxes! The parent's and siblings who couldn't find food and starved to death," Cassim turned to the palace. "The dead aren't coming back, you know!" He shouted at the palace, but the more I look at it and the way his tone is. It's more like he was shouting at Alibaba.

"If the monarchy ends, do all the sins of the royals disappear as well?! Of course they won't! Those damned royals are the enemy that we should wipe out, once and for all!" He aimed his sword towards the palace and with his speech, pink fog was emptied out into the crowd.

'They had this all planned out!?' I thought as the people roared from anger and sadness.

"Now, it's time for us to make a stand! Let's start executing the royals, the aristocrats, the national army...The ones who dared to ravaged our country!" Cassim called and with his word, the people started to run towards the palace, knocking whatever guard they had down and trampling them. It was a horrible sight to see. It was only minutes ago when the people were happy and cheering for the fresh start that was about to happen. Now, it was replaced with hatred and sorrow.

I felt anger in my veins towards this, everything was going perfectly but I guess it was to good to be true. I unsheathed my sword that held Derieri and turned to my generals.

"Jeaya, you head down to the gates of the palace and save the guards who could end up trampled. Ada, Zen, you two go protect Ahbmad and Sahbmad from the invaders!"

[Alibaba's pov]

I watched as Sara directed her generals to save the people who could end up hurt and that gave me the courage to do the same.

"Half of the army should head off to the main gates, and hold off the invading rebel civilians. The rest of you, try to suppress the people who've already invaded the palace. Everyone else should evacuate to the main wing...I'll go meet the leader of the enemy...Cassim, I'm gonna stop him," They all parted ways as I started heading down to meet Cassim. While I started to head down to meet Cassim I saw Sara in the corner of my eye head down a different path.

'I wonder what she's going to do?' I walked down to the main level ready to fight Cassim and when I heard the doors open I knew he was here, and he knew I was there. I summoned Amons flames creating a circle, trapping them inside.

When the flames closed together I walked through and greeted the group while I stared at my friend raising my blade at him, giving him a cold look.

"Hey there Alibaba, what's wrong? Such a scary face." Cassim spoke to me as if this was a joke.

"What do you think you're doing, Cassim? We've put an end to the monarchy. There's no reason in the world for bloodshed, so why are you doing this?" I asked. He turned his head away pushing my question to the side.