(Ch 18) Maharagan

[Sarnai's pov]

As the night sky fully covered the land, I felt the warm and cozy air brush pass my cheeks making me feel at home. The salty air, the warm breeze and the scent of wine and exotic foods, it was everything Liones was. Drums and other instruments filled the night air as citizens swayed to the music and drank to their hearts content. Everyone was dressed in the most colourful clothing as flowers decorated their bodies from head to toe.

It was completely different from what I imagined this place would look like and I loved it. It fitted Sin's personality perfectly. While I gazed at the people below I felt a smile pull on my lips as the people cheered and called to their king; giving a toast to their ruler. I was in awe with this place and I never wanted to leave.

Staring over the edge I could see everything, from the multiple fires lit to the laughing and dancing of citizens. It was truly a beautiful sight that anyone would dream to look at everyday; Sin was a lucky man. I decided to turn back and try to find Ada or Jeaya and when I did I found the two standing next to a table along with an Imuchakk warrior.

He was huge compared to Jeaya, but a little bit taller than Ada. A smile was on all their faces and when Jeaya spotted me her smile got even wider. I was curious as to what got her smiling like that so I walked over to the three and gazed at the warrior. When he looked down at me I couldn't help think he was familiar.

"And who is this?" He had a deep and gruff voice that sounded worn out from yelling so much. He had a wide smile when he looked at me as if he knew me. Jeaya placed a hand on my back and pushed me a little forward before she spoke.

"Just give it a minute." I examined the mans face as he did mine and I noticed a scar on the left side of his face. I gazed at his yellow eyes and they seemed so familiar that it hurt. He had a little bit of hair on his jaw, but over all looked well kept. I noticed how friendly he was and his warm smile made my mind finally click.

"Hinahoho?" I questioned. He looked back at me with a soft smile before letting out a booming voice that I knew belonged to the man I was thinking of.

"Yep that's me! But I still don't know your na-"

"Holy shit! Is it really you Hinahoho?" I cut him off and with my sudden shout I scared everyone near us and with us. He looked at me confused before his friendly wide smile crossed his mouth once more as he picked me up to examine me closer. We were face to face and I knew it was him, there was no doubting it after I saw his full face.

"Sara?" I violently nodded my head as he mentioned my name and he let out a booming laugh as we both gazed at each other. He picked me up and spun me around in joy as I laughed loudly at him. 

"By the gods, how did I not recognize you?" He asked as a giggle escaped my lips. "Recognize me? I barley recognized you! I mean look at the fucking size of ya!" I exclaimed as we hugged. When he placed me back down I couldn't stop the smile crossing my face.

"It is so good to see you Hinahoho." I admitted as he nodded in response.

"Wait you two know each other Your Highness?" Ada announced as I let out a soft laugh.

"Yes we do, Hinahoho here travelled to Liones along with the King and Ja'far years ago." I replied as he "huffed" a reply.

"Sara I would love to chat with you more and catch up on the lost time, but I need to find my brats before they cause any more trouble." He sighed and I couldn't help but laugh.

"It's alright Hinahoho we'll catch up sooner or later." I waved him goodbye as he did the same. When he was out of sight I felt my heart rate slow down from the excitement I had just experienced.