𝟜

TW : MENTIONS OF BLOOD

You can't lie - Tartaglia was cuddly, and this was the best sleep you've ever had in your entire life.

As you woke up, you found him drowsily trying to open up his eyes too. For a second you forgot the position you were in - head pressed to his chest and both of his arms loosely hanging around you.

As he opened his eyes and saw you, he smiled.

"- Good morning, honey bun~!" - Childe chirped.

"- G-good morning, Childe" - you stuttered out.

You were flustered since you were afraid that all of this could make things awkward between the two of you. Meanwhile, Tartaglia seemed to be living his best life. As he stood up and changed into his more casual clothes, you went to the bathroom.

Your hair was a mess, but luckily you had a brush in your bag to fix it. Your bag was a real-life-saver right now. You even had a spare change of clothes in it, so you got changed too. As you walked out of the bathroom, you noticed an exciting smell. As you entered the kitchen, you saw Tartaglia frying some eggs, bacon, and sausages.

"- Ah! Y/N! Please, sit! Breakfast will be ready soon!"

You sat down at the table and stared into Childe mindlessly.

You were still a bit awkward about that whole sleeping thing. He must have been just really tired and did not understand what he was doing. Yeah. That's what happened.

Shortly the breakfast was served. Even though it was simple and basic, it was surely tasty and filled your stomach until lunch. While eating, Tartaglia struck you a question :

"- Say, Y/N, have you had any dreams tonight?" - he asked.

"- Hmm, no, not really... Why are you asking?" - you questioned back.

Childe flashed you a bright grin.

"- Ohoho! You see, I had the most amazing dream tonight!"

And so he told you about his dream, which was... far from amazing in your opinion. He told you about how he became the strongest living being alive, conquered all of the nations, and became the one people worshiped. He also mentioned something about his "stronger foul legacy form". You had no idea what that was, but Childe was so deeply into describing his last night's dream to you, you had no time to interrupt him.

At the end of his story, he seemed like the happiest person in the world.

"- Well, what do you think? Pretty cool of a dream, eh?" - he smugly asked.

"- Ehh... No, not really." - you deadpanned.

"- W-WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" - pouted Childe.

Yeah, he might be a Harbinger on the outside, but he was just a pure child on the inside.

After both of you bickering at the table while having breakfast, you headed to your own room to take care of the basic hygiene. After that, you met Tartaglia at the front gates of the hotel.

"- Okay. Alright. We just have 2 more days of this week to finish all the office work and we'll be handed a new mission. To be honest, I can't wait!" - the young Harbinger cheered.

You were tired of all that documentation yourself, so a new mission sounded like a bliss. The walk to the Northland bank was comfortable, that is Childe reminding you of his dream once again.

The work for the next 2 days was still the same. The good news is that you managed to finish everything in time. The bad news is that now you had a pouting Childe in your hands which was just itching for a battle.