𝟚

A/N
You know what? I love you all, so have another chapter 💖

Being Scaramouche's assistant was something you've never experienced before.
All the other Harbingers would slowly but surely start opening up to you. You'd start to notice their pet peeves and catch onto the details of their daily life.
But Scaramouche was different.
It was almost the end of your first week with him, and you two still barely talked.
The silence was both annoying and enjoyable. You really didn't want to get on The Harbinger's bad side, but how were you supposed to get on his good side when neither of you interacted with each other? Besides, you wanted to get to know the man yourself.
While all the other Harbingers had quite a good relationship with each other, all of their descriptions about Scaramouche could be summarised in one word -

Outcast.

That only piqued your interest, as day by day you wondered if it even was humanly possible to break down Scaramouche's defensive walls.

It was your fifth day with The Harbinger.
Usually, your days would go by following the man everywhere he went, helping him fill a few documents, and staying quietly by his side while he attended meetings. You felt like an accessory to him.
Today, however, was a bit different.
Scaramouche was ordered to instruct new recruits and you didn't have any other option than to tag along.
You couldn't call it a ceremony, since it appears Scaramouche does not like big speeches. Therefore, he welcomed the new recruits to Fatui quite plainly and shortly -

"- We do not need any weaklings in The Fatui. You either die right here, right now, or you live long enough to see your friends die before you. Just know what you get yourself into. I expect all of you to follow my orders with absolutely no exceptions. Did I make myself clear?"

As his speech was followed by a chorus of 'Yes sir!', the training has begun.
You walked behind Scaramouche around the training grounds. While some of the new agents were sparring against each other, the others were hanging out in the nearby tents.
It so happened that you and The Harbinger overheard a conversation in one of the relaxing areas.
"- That Harbinger is all bark and no bite! Look at his height, you guys really think that he is powerful enough to take ME down? He probably only got the title of the Harbinger just because he has some relatives in the higher-ups! Pathetic!" - the unknown man in the tent laughed.

Suddenly, Scaramouche stopped in his tracks and so did you.
The Harbinger turned to you and caught your eyes with his indigo ones. A smile appeared on his face, as a small chuckle escaped his mouth.
You felt cold sweat cover your whole body.
You were about to witness a light show.

Within a moment, Scaramouche entered the tent. There were at least seven men inside. One of the agents was standing in the middle of all of them. You assumed he was the brave one, as everyone else sat around him.
What you noticed right away were the changes in the faces of the man. All of them turned pale as their eyes started to wander everywhere, looking for the safest route to escape.
Meanwhile, the so-bravest man stood with his head high, as he swallowed hard. You could almost see the beads of sweat roll down his forehead. He was nervous. Hell, he was terrified. But he tried not to show it.

After a moment of silence, words escaped from Scaramouche's mouth.
"- Let me show you what happens to those, who dare to speak ill of my power." - he spoke with a sick smile on his face.
Within two seconds, the man in the middle flew back a few meters and fell to the ground, as his whole body was twitching. You could see purple bolt lines dashing out of him from here and there.
Meanwhile, The Harbinger stood in the same place he did before, unbothered.
"- ...Is that all? What a shame, I expected more from you. You might as well just die here, as your life is worth nothing more than a crystal of sand." - The Harbinger sighed.

You rolled your eyes.
All the other six men in the tent were terrified. Their eyes wandered from their friend, which was laying on the ground, to Scaramouche, which seemed to now have a blank expression on his face.
With another deep exhale, you stepped forward and walked up to the man on the ground, and kneeled next to him.
Everyone stared at you with confusion, except for Scaramouche, which was watching you with his head high.
With the help of your vision, you managed to summon some water and heal the man. Since the soldier was out cold, you pressed some healing water onto his forehead, which made the man wake up in a few seconds.
You watched as a small wave of relief washed over all of the six other agents in the tent.

But not Scaramouche.

A small smile appeared on his face again.
"- Oho? Did you heal him so I could show him his place again? Great choice." - The Harbinger laughed.
You felt the man next to you shiver, as he looked at you with pleading eyes.
With another sigh, you turned back to Scaramouche as you stood up and started walking back to your old position behind him.
"- I think you've proved him enough. Besides, he's not worth your time either way." - you spoke calmly.
The Harbinger seemed to think for a moment, as he let your words settle in.
"- All right then. Very well. Let this be a gift to them. I'll spare him just this once." - The Harbinger spoke once more.
Then, he turned to you, with a dark smile plastered all over his face, as you felt a bad feeling stir up in your guts.
"- ...Only because I found myself someone else to toy with." - The Harbinger added as he turned around and left the tent.
You felt your breath hitch in your throat as the Harbinger walked beside you and left.
With another look at the agents in the tent, you followed The Scaramouche's footsteps.

After less than a minute of walking, you approached the biggest tent of them all.
You assumed this was the tent for Scaramouche, so you planned on staying outside.
As The Harbinger walked in, you stopped at the entry and were planning to walk aside from the curtain.
"- Now, come in. You were so brave back there, what happened?" - you heard The Harbinger say from inside the tent.

You felt yourself swallow hardly, as all kinds of thoughts stirred up in your mind. With a few deep breaths, you entered the tent.

The second you entered the tent, Scaramouche pushed you deeper inside. It didn't help that it was pretty dark in here, but not dark enough for you to not be able to figure out your surroundings.
"- Tell me this. How come you always butt into my business at the worst times?" - he asked in a dangerous voice.
You felt your breath shake as your eyes raced around the room.
As The Harbinger took a step closer to you, you took one step back.
"- It's still better than staying quiet the whole time." - you answered.
The Harbinger seemed to be somewhat entertained by your answer.
"- Oh? You don't like the silence? Then let's talk." - Scaramouche said as he started walking up to you dangerously slowly.
You felt yourself tense up, as you did not know what to do.
You've fallen right into his trap

Within a second, Scaramouche dashed towards you at a lightning speed as his hand was now on your throat. You felt electricity from his vision tingle all around his hand, which was holding you by your neck. Strong enough for you to not escape, but not tight enough for you to suffocate.
You felt your body grow cold as The Harbingers indigo eyes were staring at you.
"- I told you. Next time you step out of line - you'll be punished." - he spoke in a somewhat cheerful and dark tone.
His lips soon neared your ear, as you felt yourself starting to feel his hot breath at the side of your head.
"- That's why, I'll make your month here a living hell." - he said in a whisper right next to your ear.

After another moment, Scaramouche released you from his grip as you covered your neck with both of your hands.
The Harbinger was looking at you with a smile on his face.
Soon, he spoke again.

"- Oh, how I'm going to enjoy our time together~"