𝟙

After 4 hours you finally arrived at Snezhnaya.

Nothing has changed, it was still cold, snowy, and windy. As you left the ship, you were accompanied by four other Fatui agents. They seemed to be somewhat scared of you, and the tension between all of you was somewhat irritating. You decided to break the silence :

"- So, um... Snezhnaya, huh?.. If you ask me, Liyues weather was so much better." - you spoke.

Great. Why was it so awkward? Now they'll think that you're weird.

"- Yes, Ma'am." - they all chanted at the same time.

Okay, now that was weird. Wait... Were they seeing you as someone stronger than them? If you were being honest, you wouldn't even be able to fight one of them. And there were four of them walking beside you.

"- You know, you don't have to be so formal... Just call me Y/N, it's fine!" - you spoke whole-heartedly.

You were kinda surprised as all of them seemed somewhat shocked.

"- I-I'm afraid we can't do that. Ma'am. Our commander ordered us to treat you with respect. They told us to treat you like one of the Harbingers." - one of them spoke.

Now it was your turn to be shocked. Yeah, you were the assistant of the Harbingers, but treat you like one of them? Now that's a bit too much.

"- Say, who is your commander that ordered you to do such thing?" - you asked.

"- Our commander is La Signora, Ma'am." - the same harbinger answered.

La Signora?

Wait...

Is she going to be the next Harbinger you'll be assisting? You silently prayed to all the Archons that she'd be just as welcoming as Tartaglia was. All though, from your past interactions, you were sure that she prefers to keep up her image. You guessed that you'll have to figure it all out by yourself.

As you approached Zapolyarny palace, the tension seemed to disappear, as there were more and more Fatui agents walking by. But none of them dared to enter the palace, as it was like the headquarters for all the Harbingers. As you neared the entry, the four Fatui agents seemed to slow and soon they stopped.

"- We have arrived. Our commander will be waiting for you inside. I'm afraid we are not allowed to go any further." - the Fatui agent spoke.

You turned to all of them and smiled :

"- It's okay. Thank you! I'll mention you all with a good word to La Signora myself. I hope we can meet again soon!" - you slightly bowed to all of them.

And just like that, you turned around, opened the huge palace door, and entered, closing the door behind you.

Unfortunately, you weren't able to see the shocked looks on the Fatui agents' faces, as they were all surprised by your kindness.

The second you entered the palace, you were hit with a wave of hot air. It was so warm in here, and that made you more than happy. It was freezing outside.

A moment after, you were approached by 2 maidens that took your coat.

"- Please, follow me. La Signora is waiting for you in the training hall." - one of them spoke.

And just like that, you followed her around the palace halls you've never been to before. Of course, this is where your journey started, after all. You still remembered the location of the room where you were introduced to all of the Harbingers, but right now you were on a completely different side of the palace.

As you started to hear a woman's voice, you knew that you're getting near your destination.

The training hall's doors were open, so both you and the maiden entered straight away.

There she was.

La Signora, in all her glory, standing in the middle of the hall.

In front of her were kneeling about 20 Fatui agents, as they were supposedly listening to her orders for their next mission.

She noticed you and the maiden right away.

"- Ma'am, your assistant has arrived" - spoke the maiden as she bowed her head.

"- Yes, thank you, Emma. You're free to take your leave"- spoke Signora in her cold tone.

As the maiden left, you hardly swallowed. What were you supposed to do now? Do you walk up to her or-

"- Y/N, it's great to see that you managed to get here safely. Please, come here for a moment."

You silently walked up to her.

Then, La Signore put both of her hands on your shoulders and turned you to all of the Fatui agents that were still kneeling in front of her. All of their heads were hanging low, as they seemed to be afraid to even look at the Harbinger.

"- Everyone, please meet Y/N, if you haven't met them already. They're going to be my assistant for this month. I expect you to take their orders the same way you take orders from me - that is with due respect." - she spoke coldly.

"- Yes Ma'am." - all of the agents chanted at the same time.

Just as you'd suspect, La Signora was a commander that had her underlings in line. All of them were at their best manners. You had to give it to Signora, the way she commanded them was somewhat amazing and aesthetically pleasing if that was even possible.

"- With that, you all are free to go. I expect the best results. Don't return to me unless you've finished your mission. If you fail - you might as well never show up here again." - Signora spoke.

Ouch. Now that was cold. It made you think, was Signora keeping them all in line with fear, or were they loyal to her willingly?

"- Yes, Ma'am" - the agents once again chanted and left the hall, closing the door behind.

Now it was just the two of you here.

La Signora exhaled.

"- I'm happy to see you here, but don't think that I'll go easy on you. I'd like to think that Childe has taught you at least something in the past month." - she spoke as she turned to you.

"- O-oh, yeah, I've learned a lot. You shall not worry about that... Ma'am." - you hesitated on the last part of your sentence. You remembered that she has already asked you before to just call her Signora in private. But what if her wish has changed?

Signora only smiled.

"- Once again, please, just call me Signora, I do not mind, really." - she spoke with a smile.

Now you felt more than relieved. She seemed to be somewhat happy to have you here and that made you happy, too.

"- Let me show you to your room. Since we'll be staying here in Snezhnaya for my missions, I thought that you might as well want a better room than the one you had last time" - Signora spoke as she started walking to the door, signaling you to follow her.

"- Oh, thank you so much! I appreciate it." - you smiled as you followed her out of the hall and through the different corridors of the palace.

"- It's nothing, really. We still have one thing to do today, too. So I hope you are well rested because we'll need your best manners." - La Signora seemed serious.

Why did you have a bad feeling about this? Oh god, and it all seemed to be going so well, too...

"- What do you mean by that?" - you asked.

La Signora just smiled.

"- Oh, nothing too important. Just a tea party with Her Highness Tsaritsa herself."