𝟜

The next morning you felt amazing.

While last night's events were still fresh in your mind, you felt better than ever. It has been quite a while since you've had this much fun.

As you got up from the bed and dressed up, you heard a knock at your door.

"- Y/N, are you awake?" - asked Emma.

"- Yeah, you can come in." - you answered.

With your permission, Emma entered the room with a cup of tea in her hand as she handed it to you.

"- Thank you." - you smiled at the maiden as you took the cup full of warm beverage.

The smile never faltered from your face this entire morning. You still remembered everything that happened. You felt happy, and maybe just a little bit flustered.

Your cheerful mood didn't go unnoticed by Emma.

"- So, are you gonna tell me what happened, or are you gonna keep all the juicy details to yourself?~" - the maiden teased you.

To that, you only giggled and swayed your hand at her.

"- It's nothing special, really" - you answered her.

With a nod and a smile, Emma did not pry information from you. She was happy about the fact that your mood was pretty good, and that was enough for her.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Emma spoke again.

"- La Signora asked you to come to her office as soon as possible." - she spoke in a more serious matter.

"- Did something happen?" - you asked worriedly.

"- Not that I'm aware of, but you shouldn't keep her waiting." - answered the maiden.

And with that, both of you left the room.

Signora's office was on the other side of Zapolyarny palace, but you didn't mind.

In the mornings, the whole palace felt like a different realm - calm, quiet, and bright. As most of the people were still sleeping, you felt all alone in this huge castle. But it was not uncomfortable loneliness. By now, you felt quite at home in here. All the maids and other workers seemed to take a liking of you, as you'd always greet them with a smile and offer your help. They were surprised that you did not act all mighty, since your rank was much higher than theirs.

As you approached La Signora's office, you took a couple of deep breaths. You had a little bit less than two weeks left with Signora. Who is going to be your next Harbinger? Or maybe it's too early to think about it just yet?..

Lost in your thoughts, you knocked on La Signora's office door as you heard a quiet "come in".

And there she was - always elegant and cool-looking La Signora.

Except for this time, she was slumped up on her table, holding her head with both of her hands.

"- Why is everything so loud..." - she whined.

Wait...

Was she... Hungover from last night?

Guess you weren't the only one who had fun yesterday, huh?

You mentally facepalmed yourself for not taking any painkillers with you. They could come in handy right now.

"- How are you feeling?" - you asked, all though the answer was pretty evident.

"- Bad. My head feels like it's going to explode, and I'm still tired... Very tired." - answered Signora.

You sighed.