𝟝

A/N
Okay, fine. I managed to write down this chapter while procrastinating lol. Hope you all like it!~
(no more chapters for the weekend I promise)

It was your second week with Scaramouche.
After that special day, he became much calmer around you.
Of course, he would throw snarky remarks at you from time to time, but at least now you both were able to have normal conversations. On top of that, Scaramouche stopped giving you mountains of work. That made you more than happy.

Another day of working with Scaramouche.
The Harbinger had asked you to bring him some documents from Kojou clan headquarters. As you were making your way back to the training camps, you couldn't help but wonder...
Is it possible for you to actually get behind Scaramouche's 'defensive walls'?
Sure, he was a Harbinger, but everyone needed a friend.
You wanted to have the man as your friend. It didn't feel right for you to be staying in Inazuma with no one to call as your real friend.

Lost in your thoughts, you entered the training grounds. As you made you were making your way to Scaramouche's tent, you suddenly got startled.

"- Y/N!" - you heard a familiar voice call out to you.
You turned to your left, seeing no one other than Damon, which was holding something behind him.
You smiled at the sight of the soldier.

If you were being honest, Damon was quite an interesting person. He was strong, funny, and quite caring. Since the day you healed him at the medical tent, The Fatui agent always greeted you with a smile on his face. His smile was contagious, as you wouldn't be able to stop smiling after seeing him.

"- Where are you headed? Do you have a moment?" - Damon asked, as he approached you.
The man was still hiding something behind him, but you tried not to pay much mind to it. You only smiled at the agent.
"- I'm just delivering Scaramouche some documents. Is there anything you need help with?" - you asked.
You noticed how Damon's cheeks got red, as he nervously laughed.
"- W-Well, I, uh..." - Damon swallowed.
After a moment, the soldier swiftly pulled out the huge bouquet of Naku Weed from behind him and extended it to you.

"- I wanted to thank you for all the healing you've done for me..." - Damon said nervously, trying to avoid your gaze.
You stood there with wide eyes.
Flowers...
For you?

You blushed at the sight of the huge bouquet right in front of you. Nonetheless, you took the bouquet with your right hand, upon transferring all the documents for Scaramouche into your left one.
"- D-Damon! Thank you so much!.. You really didn't have to, I was just doing my job!.. Thank you!" - you smiled at the man.
Damon puffed out his chest as he scratched the back of his neck. He was quite nervous.
"- It's no big deal, besides, I really wanted to give you something!.." - he laughed.
You smiled at Damon.

Unfortunately, the weight of documents in left your hand reminded you of your duty.
"- I really appreciate it, but I really must go. Or else Scaramouche is going to be mad. You know how he gets." - you laughed.
"- O-oh! Okay, of course!" - the man sighed, as he had something more to say.
But you didn't have time to converse with Damon, no matter how much you wanted to. You swiftly turned on your heel and started walking towards Scaramouche's tent again.
"- Thank you, once again! Let's talk some other time again, yeah?" - you shouted out to Damon.
"- W-wait! No! Hold on a moment!" - the man caught up to you.
You only tilted your head at the actions of Damon, as he ran up to you and looked straight into your eyes.
"- I was wondering if maybe... maybe we could grab dinner tonight? Together? If you are not busy, of course!" - The man asked you, with a nervous laugh.

You stood there shocked once again.
You felt yourself smile like a dork.
"- I'd love that! Of course!" - you laughed.
Upon hearing your answer, Damon let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.
"- Great! Then... I'll come to your tent at... 7 pm? Is that okay with you?" - The agent asked you.
"- Yup! See you then!" - you confirmed, as you continued walking towards Scaramouche's tent.
"- See you!" - Damon waved, as he quickly made his way towards the other side of the training grounds.

Upon entering Scaramouche's tent, you noticed him slumped up on his desk, writing something down.
"- Took you long enough." - The Harbinger hummed, as he kept his eyes glued to the papers in front of him.
"- Sorry about that." - You answered simply.
You approached The Harbinger, putting the documents at the side of the table.
The rustling of bouquet paper wrap in your right hand caught Scaramouche's attention. As he raised his eyes, he seemed to be surprised at the sight of a bunch of flowers in your right hand.

"- Where did you get these from?" - Scaramouche asked, eyeing the bouquet.
"- One of the soldiers gave me these as a 'thank you'. They're really pretty, aren't they?" - you asked, looking at the flowers once again.
The Harbinger only scoffed, as a frown appeared on his face.
"- They look pretty cheap if you ask me." - he answered plainly.
You rolled your eyes at Scaramouche's response.
"-It's the thought that counts. Besides, I haven't received any flowers in ages!"- you laughed.

But The Harbinger did not seem to be happy with your answer.
"- What's next? He's going to ask you out to dinner?" - Scaramouche asked with a sour chuckle, expecting you to laugh too.
Except he felt himself get mentally slapped in the face, after hearing your answer.
"- Actually, he did..." - you answered simply.

Now Scaramouche was at the loss of words. He got unusually quiet, which worried you.
"- Is everything alright?" - you asked.
"- Yes. When is the 'so-planned dinner'?" - he asked, returning his eyes to the documents in front of him.
You swallowed hardly. Why did he need to know? Should you lie?
No, you shouldn't. He was your superior.
"- It's tonight..." - you answered hesitantly.
"- Well, too bad. I need you to finish these documents until tomorrow." - he answered with a fake sigh.

You got confused. Why today?
The pile of documents wasn't small, but it wasn't big either. If you started right now, you should be able to finish all the documentation by dinner.
"- Oh, alright. I'll get started then." - you answered simply, taking the assigned documents into your hands.
Scaramouche looked at you with confusion in his eyes. He did not expect you to take all of that work.

Without another word to each other, you left the Harbinger and went towards your own tent. You wanted to start your work right away, so you would be finished by dinner time.

And so, you did.
At exactly 7 pm, Damon was right at the entry of your tent, waiting for you.
And just like that, both of you made your way towards the city.

What you didn't notice was how Scaramouche was watching you and Damon leave the campsite, with his fists clenched.

After quite a fun dinner and a walk around the city, both you and Damon decided that it was time to head back to the training camps.
The walk back was quite comfortable, as it was midnight, and the starry sky added quite a nice vibe to the whole atmosphere.

Damon accompanied you way back to your tent, and upon bidding you goodnight, he left towards his own tent.

This was one of the most fun nights you've had in a while. Damon was a nice guy, there was no doubt about it. As you looked at the bouquet of Naku Weed's on your table in a vase, you smiled to yourself.
And so you fell asleep, smiling to yourself like a dork.

The other person smiling was Damon, which was currently making his way back to his own tent for some night's rest. As he turned the corner, he felt himself freeze in place.
None other than a Sixth of The Harbingers was making his way towards him.
Quickly, Damon bowed as he got to the side and allowed Scaramouche to walk past him.
The Harbinger, on the other hand, didn't seem happy at all. Or maybe he was, but it was just a different kind of happiness.

As Scaramouche made his way past the agent, Damon swears that he could hear The Harbinger whisper :

"- This is strike two~!"