𝟡

Everything was quiet.

The only thing that was making noise right now was the clock on the wall, which was ticking simultaneously.

It counted your last moments with Dottore, as you felt like all the memories that you've made with him are slipping away past your fingers.

Of course, you would have had to leave one way or another, but you just couldn't deal with the idea of it.

You think that by now you should be used to this, but how come it just gets harder and harder for you to say goodbye?

It's hard to imagine that it would take quite some time for you to return to the exact position you are in right now.

At the moment, Dottore's head was laying on your lap as he was taking a small nap.

The Harbinger always had trouble sleeping and he would just scoff like a dramatic child upon your tries to shoo him to his bedroom. This was the only way that The Harbinger accepted - sleeping on your lap.

You didn't complain. His hair was always pretty soft and nice to pet, but your legs would go numb, and you couldn't move either, since Dottore was quite a light sleeper.

You exhaled quietly.

The anxiety was eating you alive.

What unsettled you the most was the fact that Dottore never told you who is going to be your next Harbinger. He knew, but he refused to tell you.

Every time you'd mention something, the man would just sway his hands and tell you not to worry about it.

But the worry was evident on both of your faces. It was quite surprising, as The Harbinger seemed to be just as anxious as you were, and that did not help you to calm down, either.

"- What are you thinking about?" - The Harbinger suddenly asked.

You turned your head down as you were met with a pair of crimson eyes staring at you.

"- It's nothing. Go back to sleep" - you said, as you pet his hair once again.

"- I can't sleep." - The Harbinger answered plainly.

You chuckled. Seeing one of the cruelest Harbingers laying on someone's lap was truly a sight to see.

The silence was loud, as both of you seemed to be thinking about the same thing.

"- Are you nervous for tonight?" - Dottore asked.

Tonight you were supposed to meet Tsaritsa. She is going to tell you more about your next Harbinger.

"- Well, kind of..." - you answered trailing off.

You weren't just nervous. You also felt somewhat scared and sad. You didn't want to leave Dottore.

"- You're going to be fine. I know you well enough by now to say that you have nothing to fear. " - The Harbinger tried reassuring you, as he cupped your face with his hand.

You leaned to his touch and smiled.

"- But... Please be careful" - the man added shortly after.

There were three hours left before your meeting with Tsaritsa.

Neither you nor Dottore wanted to truly acknowledge the fact that those were your last hours together, so both of you did what you usually do - you ate some pastries from the nearby bakery.

Except for this time, Dottore bought quite a lot of them.

"- I just don't want you to leave hungry." - he told you, as he avoided eye contact.