𝟝

It was the start of the third week - Monday.
Everything seemed to be going so well. You and Dottore would talk more and more, and not just about work. You learned about his past, which was quite scary, but at your tries to comfort him, The Harbinger only scoffed.

"- It's in the past. Besides, if I wouldn't have gone through all of that, I wouldn't be here right now." - Dottore would say.
"- Are you happy with what you have right now?" - you'd ask.
But you'd never get your answer. And you couldn't pry any further, as you did not want to disturb any horrific memories of the man's past.

The days in the laboratory were pretty nice, as both of you would work together. The little seelie was given the nickname of a 'bastard' by Dottore since that little flying thing always wanted to be the center of attention.
To say that Dottore was acting differently compared to the first time you two meeting would be an understatement. He was way more open with you, and not just with his words, but with his actions too!
"- Say, Y/N, what if we both went out to the city for today, hm? I heard that a new bakery opened up just around the corner. Care to visit it with me?" - Dottore suggested.
Since Dottore received a fire seelie from you, he was not against the idea of going out.
You were quite surprised at the Harbingers bold invitation, but you accepted nonetheless.
Just a few minutes later, you both were marching to the bakery, while the seelie was resting on Dottore's shoulder.

The second you entered the bakery, you were pleasantly surprised. You were happy that there were not many people here, as it granted more privacy. As both of you took off your coats and you settled at one of the tables, Dottore went to the counter to check out all the displayed baked goodies.
"- I'll pick out something tasty for us, stay put"

The good thing about going out in Shneznaya was the fact that people did not seem to be so scared of The Harbingers. Of course, they had some respect for them, but they did not try to avoid eye contact. It felt nice.
As you were watching the seelie inspect the small potted plant on the table, you suddenly felt someone sit beside you.
You did not recognize that man, but he didn't look special, either.
"- Hello, princess. Are you here alone?" - the man asked, as he neared your face with his.
You scooted away from the man and tried to stay calm, hoping that all the panic is not showing all over your face.
"- No. I'm here with a friend." - you answered plainly, hoping that the man would catch the hint and go away.
"- Oh c'mon, doll face. You know, you should be happy that a guy like me even dares to look in your direction." - the man laughed as he scooted closer to you again.
Before you could answer, you heard Dottore's voice.
"- And you should be happy that you're not six feet underground. But if you are going keep this up, I might just fulfill my words." - Dottore said, with a signature smile on his face.
Upon seeing The Harbinger, the man left in an instant without saying a word.
A moment after, Dottore turned to you and with a closed-eye smile, said :
"- Don't take that man's words seriously, Y/N. If I do say so myself, you deserve a much better man than that bastard. Don't lower your standards." - Dottore winked at you.
You only blushed at Dottores words.
After this whole incident, The Harbinger insisted on bringing the baked goodies he bought back to the laboratory, as he said that 'incompetent people ruin his appetite'.
You still were a little bit confused about what has happened. And why was The Harbinger acting all sweet today? What was the special occasion?

Upon returning to the laboratory, Dottore settled the baked goodies on his desk. You decided that it would be nice to also have some tea with all the buns and cakes Dottore has chosen, so you went to make some hot drinks.

When Dottore was sure that you were out of the room, he pulled out his blue notebook and started writing something in it.

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door, except it didn't sound like it was you knocking.
"- Come in." - Dottore answered, as he did not raise his eyes from the blue notebook.
It was Emma, your favorite maiden.
"- Sir Dottore, Tsaritsa requested your presence as fast as possible in the meeting room. It's an emergency. She asked for you to be there in an instant." - the maiden bowed her head upon speaking.
The Harbinger looked confused.