𝟠

While Dottore was sleeping, you cleaned up the laboratory. It was a lot of work, but in the end - it was all worth it.

You even felt somewhat touched, knowing that all of this mess was because of your absence. Maybe Dottore really needed you by his side...

You also asked Emma to prepare a full meal for the Harbinger when he wakes up. God knows when that man had a proper meal after you left.

After about five hours, Dottore finally woke up.

You were sitting at your desk, reading through various papers and trying to organize them. The Harbinger really made a mess out of the laboratory.

You were so concentrated on your work, that you didn't even notice Dottore poke his head out of his room and look at you. Only when he closed his bedroom door behind him, did you jump up from the sudden noise.

It was still somewhat awkward after everything that has happened, and both of you understood that.

With an exhale, the Harbinger walked up to you.

"- You really are here, huh..." - he spoke quietly.

You smiled, looking at the papers in your hands once more.

"- I promised you that, so yes. I do not break promises... And I hope you won't break yours either." - you spoke, taking a mint envelope in your hands and showing it to Dottore.

The Harbinger looked away from the letter as if he was somewhat flustered. His actions made you smile even wider. You stood up from your table and walked up to the man. When you took both of Dottore's hands in yours, The Harbinger looked at you with a surprise in his eyes.

"- I want to believe that everything you wrote is true and that your intentions are genuine... But it will take some time. I believe we can work this out." - you spoke, nearing both of his cupped hands to your face and giving them a little peck.

What you did not expect was for The Harbinger to pull you into a bone-crushing hug. He hid his face in the crook of your neck, as your hand found a way to his fluffy hair.

"- ... Thank you. I promise to be the best man for you." - he whispered.

You smiled, as you hugged him back tighter.

After a few moments, both of you released from your hug.

You remembered how Dottore must be starving, so you rushed to the kitchen to get the meal Emma had prepared previously.

After eating, Dottore felt somewhat out of place and it was obvious. He looked through his drawers, walked around the laboratory but never did anything productive.

As you were watching The Harbinger walk back and forth, you remembered that you had to return to Tsaritsa. After all, now you were her assistant, not Dottore's...

As you stood up from the table and turned for the door, The Harbinger quickly walked up to you.

"- Where are you going?" - he asked.

"- I need to return to Tsaritsa. After all, she assigned me as her assistant now..." - you explained.

The Harbinger stood there dumbstruck, but after a few seconds, he grabbed your hands and dragged you out of the laboratory with him.

"- Where are you taking me?" - you asked.

"- You'll see."

While you were walking, Dottore did not let go of your hand, as if he was scared that you'd get lost or disappear.