𝟛

To say that the rest of the week was tiring would be an understatement.

All you had to do was help Tsaritsa and Signora prepare for The Grand Ball. Just coming up with some decorations, ordering people to make them, making seating charts. Sounds pretty easy, right? Well, you were wrong.

You knew that both Tsaritsa and Signora have high expectations, but this was a whole different level of perfectionism.

Every single decoration and ornament Signora would investigate herself. God forbids if there is even the smallest spot on it that isn't supposed to be there. The so-called decoration would get thrown out and the servants would be requested to redo it. It was painful to watch.

You felt bad for all the workers that had to deal with Signora's wrath, but you stayed quiet. You didn't want to get on her bad side. After all, it was a celebration in honor of Signora, so she should decide how everything is going to look.

As the weekend approached, Signora dismissed all the workers and locked herself up in her office. From time to time she'd walk to the Tsaritsa's office, but that would happen like once a day.

Meanwhile, you started to feel exhausted. Both you and Signora were the most hard-working ones, but it felt like Signora took a break from time to time and you didn't. During those breaks she'd order you to gather some extra materials. By the time you would finish, the break would be over, as Signora once again would request your presence in her office. And just like that, you'd work from 8 am to 10 pm with almost no breaks. After a long day, you'd almost collapse onto your bed and fall asleep within seconds.

But those were happy days because sometimes you wouldn't get to sleep at all. When Signora would go to sleep, she'd order you to finish her documentation. And so you would. During those days, you wouldn't get to sleep at all.

But you couldn't show your exhaustion.

It was Monday.

Everyone was working hard once again. The Ballroom started to look more appealing, as new decorations and tables with chairs started appearing in each corner. You and Signora, once again, were in the middle of all the action.

"- Y/N, could you please get my preparation list from my office? I forgot to take it" - asked Signora as she approached you.

"- Yes, of course." - you answered sternly and turned to leave The Ballroom.

As you left The Ballroom, your movements slowed. God, your legs hurt from all the standing and your eyes could barely keep open. What happened to you? As you walked to Signora's office lost in your thoughts, you suddenly bumped into someone when turning the corner.

It was Emma. The same maiden that welcomed you into the palace. During your stay here, you still managed to exchange a few words with each other, and so now you two were friends.

"- Oh, sorry Y/N, I didn't see you there. La Signora requested my presence so I was-" - she cut off as her eyes locked on your face.

"- God, are you feeling alright? You look pale." - Emma said as she extended her hand to feel your forehead.

"- Yeah, I'm fine," - you said while trying to keep eye contact with Emma, but your vision was somewhat blurry.

"- Are you kidding me? You're burning up! C'mon, you need to get to your room, you'll get sick if you keep this up." - Emma ushered as she took your hand to lead you to your room.

But you got your hand out of her grasp and continued moving towards Signora's office.

"- I said I'm fine, don't worry. Besides, I have work to do," - you answered as you started walking faster, and soon after reaching another corner you turned and disappeared from Emma's sight.