𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝔹𝔸𝕃𝕃~ 𝕃𝔸 𝕊𝕀𝔾ℕ𝕆ℝ𝔸

With a nervous inhale and exhale, you decided that it is time for you to attend The Grand Ball yourself. You wanted to go there with Signora herself, but she is going to be the main star of the show.

What really didn't help the whole deal was your exhaustion. Even after managing to sleep last night, you still had a slight fever.

Your head felt heavy as your eyes would tear up from time to time. You tried covering your symptoms as best as possible since everyone was already working quite hard. You didn't want to bother anyone with your sickness.

With the last sneeze as you wiped your nose, which was a bit red by now, you turned on your heel and exited your room, walking down the corridors and finally - entering The Ballroom, which was already full of people.

It was quite bright in here, which made your eyes uncomfortable and even more teary. You really hated the situation you were in right now.

You just have to wait until The Grand Ball is over, and then you can make yourself some tea and head to bed. It's as simple as that, right?

Suddenly, you were approached by Emma. She was also wearing a bit fancier outfit. But that wasn't much of a surprise, since all maids were ordered to wear more formal uniforms. Nevertheless, Emma looked pretty. She always looked pretty.

"- How are you feeling?" - asked the maiden.

As you suddenly sneezed, she understood your situation and did not require a verbal answer.

"- I still don't understand why you came here. You're sick, and pushing yourself like that won't do you any good." - Emma said with a worrisome tone.

"- I'm fine. I have helped to prepare all of this for almost two weeks now. I can't just not attend. Besides, it's just a small cold." - you tried reassuring the maiden.

With a roll of her eyes and a sigh, Emma pressed a hand against your forehead.

"- You still have a fever. Are you sure you don't want to leave? I could prepare some medicine and tea for you. Just give me a word and I'll tell Signora that you are not feeling well and won't be attending the event." - once again offered the maiden.

With a smile, you thanked Emma for her hospitality but declined her offer. You had to be here. You worked so hard for it and didn't want to disappoint anyone.

Suddenly, the trumpets started playing. Just as planned.

As the First Harbinger Pulcinella presented Tsaritsa to everyone, the hall echoed with applause. As the noise quieted down, Her Highness spoke with a smile on her face :

"- Thank you all for attending The Grand Ball. This is no ordinary event for us - we are here to celebrate the success of The Fatui, especially - the success of our Eight Harbinger. La Signora has been strong and loyal since her first moments as a Harbinger. For that, I'd like you all to give a warm round of applause to Signora herself!" - announced Tsaritsa.

That moment was for Signora to enter, as she did just that.

She was stunning. Her dress was quite long, but it perfectly hugged her body and complimented all of her features. After another round of applause, Tsaritsa spoke again, as she and Signora were handed a glass of champagne each by Emma.

"- Let's raise a glass to our success and to many more successful years to come. For The Fatui!" - Tsaritsa cheered with her glass of champagne raised high.

"- For The Fatui!" - Everyone in the Ballroom chanted at the same time, raising their glasses.

And with that, you sneezed again. God, you felt awful, but now was not the time. The start of The Grand Ball has just been officially announced.