𝐋𝐚 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 (𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃)

As the wind picked up and the blizzard grew, you were sitting in your office, dully staring at countless piles of documents, folders, and letters scattered around you.

The hardwood of your table was painfully familiar as you could still see the patterns on it from a long, long time ago.
When you looked around, you were still haunted by the bookcases that were filled with all kinds of books, but you've read through them all already, a long, long time ago.

As you picked up your pen once again to sign one of the petitions, you heard someone hurriedly knock at your door.
It was Emma.

"- I am sorry for my intrusion, Ma'am. The meeting has started and Her Highness requests your presence." - the maiden said upon entering your office.

Within mere seconds she looked down, bowed her head to you, and left in a hurry.

You could only stare at the now-closed door blankly as you stood up from the table and started walking towards the meeting room.

The palace walls have never felt so dull and grey before. But you could still vaguely remember how they used to be so lively and bright. But it was a long, long time ago...

...Just how did everything end up like this?..

You were woken up by a sunray uncomfortably striking your eyes through the blinds. Your body was aching and it felt like your head might explode. As you looked around the room with a somewhat blurry vision, you could still not identify the place you were in. The bedroom was unfamiliar.

As your eyesight got much clearer, you could analyze your surroundings much better. You decided that perhaps looking through the window might give some kind of hint, a reminder.
As you tried moving your body, it felt like thousands of sharp needles raining upon you. The pain was uncomfortable, but by the very least - bearable.

When you tried standing up, your legs buckled and you painfully fell to the ground.
Just for how long you've been unconscious and bedridden?

Upon your fall, you heard hurried footsteps approaching your bedroom from the other room. As the door opened, you could not believe your eyes.

"- Honey, dearest, just what are you doing?" - the woman scolded you as she hurried up to help you stand up.

You were probably staring at her with wide eyes because she could only smile at you.

Right before your eyes was La Signora.

"- What? Are you not happy to see me? And no, I'm not an angel and no, you are not dead." - she laughed as she side hugged you and helped you stand up and move back to the bed.

Upon her tucking the blanket around you, she sat next to your bed and held onto your hand.
But for some reason you could not utter a word.

"- Dearest, are you okay? You look-"
"- I failed." - you cut her off.

La Signora could only look at you with her eyes filled with worry, sadness, and care.
"- Look, it's not your fault..." - she said, squeezing your hand reassuringly.
"- But it is..." - you felt tears pool in your eyes.

"- I had one job of protecting The Harbinger. I could've saved him, I SHOULD'VE SAVED HIM! NOW WHO KNOWS WHERE HE IS?" - you chanted to yourself louder.

You would've gone on and on about your failed mission, if not La Signora pulling you into a hug. She had a tight grip on you as she was gently stroking your hair.
"- ...That Harbinger was like a wildfire... It's hard to stop it even for the most skilled ones. Don't blame yourself for the things you can't control..." - she whispered to you in a soft tone.

The comfortable silence fell upon the room. As your breathing was more steady again, La Signora released you from the hug and looked into your eyes, wiping a few stray tears on your cheeks.

"- Worry not about the things that happened in the past. I'll always be here for you." - she smiled, kissing your forehead.

You could only smile and watch in ave as a woman before you showed the utmost care towards you.
"- But what am I supposed to do now?.." - you mumbled.

Your answer only made The Harbinger chuckle.
"- You stay here and rest. That's all you need to worry about right now." - La Signora patted your head as she stood up.

"- And I'm going to fix everything for you." - she added, slowly moving towards the door.
"- W-what do you mean 'fix everything for me'? What are you going to do?" - you asked with a worry in your tone, sitting on your bed.

"- I am going to have a 'chat' with the so-beloved Electro archon... I believe I do owe them a visit after hurting my favorite assistant." - La Signora answered you, smiling.

At the moment you felt like someone poured a bucket of ice-cold water on you."
- Don't go! Y-you don't understand!.. She's merciless! Signora, please, I beg of you, don't go!" - you shouted and pleaded.

And you shouted and pleaded.
Again and again.
But at the very end, The Harbinger asked you to have faith in her.
And you did.

As you were nearing the meeting room, you felt like every Fatui agent that was guarding the room avoided your gaze, slightly lowering their heads upon noticing you.
You wanted to feel something towards them.
Let it be hatred or spite.

Or happiness upon seeing one of your old friends, who once gifted you a bouquet of Naku weed, took you out to dinner dates, and showered you with affection.
But it was a long time ago.

And you could not feel anything.

In some cases, The Fatui Harbingers were the same. They did not look into your eyes. All of them avoided your gaze as you entered the meeting room.
If not Her Highness staring right at you with a somewhat still happy glint in her eyes, you would count yourself as an invisible ghost.

Walking around the table has never been so painfully slow before.A room was full of emotions, but at the same time - empty of faith.

But you don't need their pity.
After all of that training you did, you've already come to terms with the position you're in.

As you took a seat in a place of the Eight Harbinger, Her Highness rose from her seat and announced :

"- Upon the arrival of the last of The Harbingers, the meeting shall begin."

That's right.
Upon taking the name of "The crimson princess", you took the blessing of being the Harbinger, in honor of two others you've lost.
Or was it a burden?..

But none of that matters anymore.
It all happened a long, long time ago...

A/N
Wow... I'm alive lol
Thank you all for reading one more chapter! I really appreciate it! 💖

And Thank You all for the care and heartwarming messages I've received. I cried at least once reading each and every one of them. Thank You.
I've never thought that I'd come this far 💖