𝟛

Scaramouche kept his promise.
But who knew that he could be so damn annoying?

The Harbinger did swear to make your life a living hell, but you did not expect for him to act... like this.

It has been two days since the incident at the training camp. After both of your bickering in The Harbingers tent, Scaramouche became much more demanding.
For one, he started talking to you.
But not in the way that you'd expect.
The Harbinger would spit out orders left and right. He'd ask you to make some tea or run all kinds of errands for him.
Once, when Scaramouche demanded you to bring him something to eat, upon seeing the food you brought, he threw it to the ground and told you to find something better. And it happened not once, but three times.
All the time, The Harbinger would have a smug smile on him.
Oh, how you wished to punch him in the face.

To say that he was getting on your nerves would be an understatement. He did everything to keep you busy and not have any time for yourself.
What did not help at all, was the fact that it hasn't even been a full week since you've been assisting him.
You thought you were strong. You thought that you could wait out the month in this hellhole.
But everything has its limits.

It was Sunday - the last day of your first week with The Harbinger.
As you and Scaramouche were making your way through Inazuma wilderness, you wished to just run away and find your way back to Shneznaya.
The Harbinger was once again throwing all kinds of remarks towards you.
"- Archons, can you be any slower? You'll grow old before we even manage to reach our destination. You already look all wrinkly." - The Harbinger sneered.
You sighed. It was not the first time Scaramouche would try to insult you. You really wanted to insult him back, but you were also afraid of the consequences.
So you just decided to ignore his insults.
Once again.
"- Where are we going anyway?" - you asked, as you started walking a little bit faster.
"- To the delusion factory." - Scaramouche responded plainly.

After a few minutes of following the mysterious path that did not seem to lead anywhere, you approached the entry of the cave.
"- Stay quiet while we're there. Not a word. Or I'll actually make sure to get rid of you." - Scaramouche said with the same dangerous smile on his face.
You only nodded and turned your eyes away from the man.

The factory wasn't that special.
It looked cleaner than Dottore's laboratory, but it also looked much duller, as some vicious delusions were made here.
As you followed Scaramouche through various rooms, you suddenly heard the clashing of swords.
Both you and Scaramouche stopped in your tracks. The sound seemed to be getting closer.
There was an intruder.

"- Get behind me if you don't want to die today."- The Harbinger commanded.
You stepped behind Scaramouche and scanned the room around you.
It was empty, as there was a lot of space. You could only assume that The Harbinger picked to fight here, as there were no unnecessary distractions.
Suddenly, a man rushed through the door.

Traveler.

"- You actually managed to find this place. Congratulations." - The Harbinger said, crossing his arms.
The Traveler and their little floating fairy stopped, as they both seemed somewhat surprised to see Scaramouche here.
"- You!.. You're manufacturing Delusions!" -The Traveler shouted, as he took out his sword.
"- Oh, so that's what this is about..." - Scaramouche scoffed.
Meanwhile, you were panicking. You were not ready to face The Traveler in battle. Hell, you have never fought anyone before!
But... You had to protect Scaramouche. It was your duty as his assistant.
You summoned a little bit of water from your vision into your hand, so that if anything happens, you could protect yourself and The Harbinger.

Soon, a purple smoke started enveloping from the ground. You and the floating fairy seemed to have noticed what was happening. Meanwhile, The Traveler was too lost, blinded by his hatred, as his eyes full of venom were looking straight at Scaramouche. The Harbinger, on the other hand, turned his back to The Traveler.
"- Good news is, our hard work is finally paying off. Generating conflict creates a big market for Delusions. Now we just let the promise of power draw in the weak..." - The Harbinger laughed slightly, with his back still facing The Harbinger.