Strength to Persevere

Barry and Mon-el returned to where they were taken from but it was night when they were taken, the sun was currently rising.

"We've been gone all night, hopefully nothing happened to the others while we were taken." Barry said as Mon-el looked at him with annoyance.

"You challenge my mother?" Mon-el asked him. "Are you a moron? That is the worst thing that you could have done, If we lose then all of the people on Earth will be enslaved."

"Well then we best not lose then." Barry simply shrugged to him as he was about to walk back inside from the balcony but was stopped when Mon-el grabbed him.

"In case you forget now that you have your powers back, we are not as powerful as you are. Sure Kara is bulletproof but she still has weaknesses, we won't be able to win. Especially if we are worrying about this future that involves me dying, which I would prefer if I didn't."

"Yeah I am aware that there is so much happening in a short span of time, I know I am fast but I am not fast enough to solve all of the world's problems in an instant." Barry said with a click of his fingers.

"So what are you saying we should do?" Mon-el asked, hoping for Barry to have some miracle plan. "I am not about to let my mother enslave the people and the woman I love."

"Don't you think she let us go a bit too easily, why did she send you back when she just could have kept you on the ship? It's not adding up." Barry said noticing it seemed a bit off, they don't get to walk away that easily.

"If you call the bounty hunters she sent after Kara these past few months 'too easy' then you've clearly taken too many beatings to that dumb head of yours."

"Really? Playground insults?" Barry chuckles at Mon-el's antics and childish insults towards him. "Mon-el, when are you going to realise that I care for Kara. Yes you're right I do love her but she had three years to get over our relationship, heck we didn't even have one, to her it's been three years. To me, it wasn't even that long ago that I gave up my life to save the planet."

"Why? Would you risk your life for a planet that isn't even yours?" Mon-el asked him.

Barry was confused by him asking that question. "What are you talking about Mon-el? Then why did you stand up to your mother about the people of this planet? For Kara? Or did you believe it was the right thing to do."

"Of course it was the right thing to do, I am not about to just let a planet get enslaved."

Barry pointed at his chest, tapping him on it. "That's it right there, that's the same thinking I have about this planet, Savitar was about to unleash a trans-dimensional shockwave that was going to implode and take this universe with it. I wasn't just gonna do nothing and let it happen."

"Being a hero isn't a job or a role that someone can just fill, it's someone who can find the strength to persevere and endure in spite of the overwhelming obstacles in our way."

"Even if it means getting yourself killed?"

"If you are the type of person I think you are, then you already know the answer to that."

Mon-el was quiet as he thought about it.

"Now we need to tell the others about what happened with your mother." Barry said as he walked off to go get the others.

Some time has passed before Barry and Mon-el were in the main area with Supergirl, Alex, Winn and J'onn.

"So you're telling me that you both were taken last night - we didn't even notice you were taken." Alex mentioned.

"It was for one night, I am sure you would have noticed if we were gone longer."

"I should have noticed." Kara said instantly, but she was dodging Mon-el's calls and avoiding him since he lied to her about who he really was.

"It's not your fault, Kara." Mon-el said, defending her. "It's mine, if I was honest from the start and didn't lie to you guys then we would have been better prepared."

"Oh that's weird." Winn said, looking at his tablet as he then turned it facing the group.

It was a news broadcast with the title ' Flash returns after 3 year Hiatus'

"That can't be good." Alex mentioned.

"Depends on the person." Barry mentioned as he watched the broadcast. "Everyone knows that Barry Allen is the Flash."

"Tell me about it, I was bugged by journalists trying to interview me. Heck, it nearly got out that Kara Danvers is Supergirl." Kara added.

"So we are not going to talk about how you refer to yourself in third person?" Winn said, gesturing to the two.

"It's a known fact, distancing your two identities from each other, Clark did it well with his journalist job since it allows him to go towards the danger and not feel out of place."

"Same reason why I am also a journalist too." Kara agreed.

"My original life, I was a Crime scene investigator." Barry added.

"So your day and night job - Metaphorically, was to catch bad guys." Mon-el asked Barry.

Kara noticed the change in their attitudes, Mon-el wasn't glaring or throwing comments at Barry but treating him as a friend.

"Before we go on dealing with everything, we can't function as a team with a rift in the middle." Barry turned his attention from the broadcast, outright ignoring it at this point.

Kara and Mon-el glanced over at each other before looking away. "Sure Mon-el lied about whom he was but I've told countless lies too. It's a natural way of life. Mon-el stood in the face of defeat and refused his mother's offer of him joining her. He did it because of the people in this room who have made his life here pleasant and comfortable."

"He's right." Alex piped up agreeing with Barry. "You've told countless lies growing up about who you really are. He was a fish out of water. He was just doing the same thing."

Kara sighed as she was coming to terms with it as she said "Fine, I forgive you Mon-el but if you lie to me again. I will drop a mountain on you."

"I think you mean metaphorically, right?"

"No.. Geologically."

Barry watched the two hug as he smiled slightly before getting tapped on his shoulder by Winn who was still watching the news broadcast.

"What?" Barry said, turning around to see a familiar face on the screen.

"It can't be..." Winn said, pointing to the screen.

"Oh my god." Alex said, also noticing it. "It's you."

Barry stared at the monitor as he saw himself standing in front of a podium, no facial markings. Not Savitar.

"My name is Jason Garrick... I was born to Nora Thompson and Henry Allen. Except I was abandoned by my mother and mother and was left to my grandmother. The man responsible for their murder and countless others is still out there. He calls himself - Barry Allen. He pretended to be a hero when actually he was the villain. He killed my father and my mother and I will do whatever it takes to get justice for them both."

"He looks so young." Kara added as she stood beside him.

"He's this earth's version of me." Barry added getting the gist of it. "The whole time I have been trying to find Barry Allen but he is Jay Garrick."