All the World's a Stage - Part 3

Kara was staring at Cutter Moran's unconscious as he was laid there, tied up.

"We can't just hold him captive. Someone will notice he's gone, we're not the bad guys here." Kara said to Barry as she gestured to him.

"Sometimes we have to do things we don't like to protect the people that we swore to protect."

"That man is my father. As much as he hates me dating Millie, he doesn't deserve getting knocked out cold." Tommy said as Barry raised an eyebrow at him.

"He is in the way of what you want? Wouldn't it be easier to just, you know. To kill him?" Barry questioned Tommy.

Kara's eyes widened in shock. "We can't just kill people, Barry!" She shouted at him as she stood between him and Cutter Moran.

"I never said I was going to kill the guy, I merely asked why he didn't think of it?" Barry sighed at Kara.

"As much as he is a dick, he is still my father." Tommy sighed at Barry as Millie looked annoyed.

"But you have thought of it, haven't you." Barry said, pointing to her noticing her reaction.

"Barry, we're not the villain. We need to be better than that." However before Barry could even respond to Kara, they both heard music playing.

Barry refused to sing." I am not playing this game." But however he couldn't control himself as he started to break out into song, in front of Kara.

"What do you see when you look at me?" Barry twirled as he sang to Kara.

Kara just stood there unsure of what was going on. "Am I the love of your life or your enemy?"

"You keep your friends close but do you want to hold me closer?" Barry tap danced towards Kara before tapping her on her nose and doing a jazz slide back away from her.

"Cause if I am the villain, then you best start running." Barry continued singing with a lot of emotion and skill.

"We both know you won't last long if you're up against me." Barry continued.

"I see you checking out my moves, you better stop 'cause you're gonna lose." Barry winked at her.

"One quick hit, and I will leave you breathless."

"I can hear your heartbeat running, you were mine right from the start, see. Every Hero needs a sidekick."

"Hey, I am not a sidekick!" Kara said, taken back by his words.

"You think you're so much better than all the rest but at your core, you're just like the best of us."

Barry ended with a quick spin and then a bow before coming to his senses and having control of his body once more.

He jumped up straight glancing at his hands, glad to have control once more. "I can explain."

"Save it Barry. You've said all you've needed." Kara said in annoyance as she walked away from him.

"That wasn't me, I wasn't in control." Barry said, trying to make things better.

"But the words have got to come from somewhere." Kara said before she sat down annoyed at Barry as she kept her distance.

Barry was gonna continue to follow after her and apologise when Cutter Moran woke up.

"Great, you had the balls to do what most others wish they could have done. I commend you for it." He said to Barry. "Got more nerves than my own son, fraternising with the enemy."

"She's not your enemy!" Tommy shouted at his father. "Your quarrel with her father has nothing to do with us. There is more to life than constantly being at each other's throat."

Tommy stood beside Barry.

"Couldn't have said it better, myself." Barry said, tapping Tommy on his shoulder.

Barry then knelt down so he was face to face with Cutter Moran.

"You wouldn't understand the meaning of it all." Cutter growled in annoyance at the two of them, it was then that Kara stood beside Barry.

"You just want to violence to beget violence." Barry sighed at him. "You are not superior to those that are just as violent as you. You and those others are just a whole bunch of maniacs. There is a cycle of new violent people, brought on by the actions of what you've done and what Millie's father has done. And in turn they just end up continuing the cycle of violence and hatred."

Kara began to understand Barry a bit more after that speech. She now realised that Barry must have seen a lot of violence over his years as the Flash.

"Why don't you just break the cycle by just forgiving them?" Kara added as she joined in the conversation.

"Why should I forgive them when they've done so much more." Cutter shouted in Barry's face as he just shook his head as he watched him try to reach into his pocket.

"Looking for this?" Barry said as he pulled the very thing that he was searching for out of his own pocket, his pocket knife.

With a quick flick of his wrist, the blade came out. "You see, you don't have to be the one to break this cycle. Anyone can respond to violence with more violence but the better person..." Barry went quiet for a moment as he glanced at the blade making Kara feel a bit on edge on what he was going to do.

"If you're going to kill me, then do it. You will only just prove yourself wrong." Cutter chuckled at Barry but Barry just shook his head.

"I wasn't talking to you." Barry said as he stood up on his feet as he turned and faced Tommy and Millie.

"Are you gonna break the cycle? Or are you just gonna continue it?" Barry said as he held out the knife towards Tommy.

"You wouldn't have offered me that an hour ago, wouldn't you." Tommy mentioned glancing at the blade.

"No, since I know what you would have done. Take it from someone who has lived a life of violence. Be a bigger person and.... Refuse to fight." Barry then realised this whole situation with the Reverse Flash. It was only in retaliation to everything he had done. He responded violence with violence

Kara looked at Barry as she could see the look on his face as he let out a smile. "Of course." he muttered before letting out a little chuckle.

"Well I guess it means you two won't need to lie any more. Especially to yourself." Kara said with a chuckle as she learnt a lesson herself. This whole time, she was lying to herself.

She loves Barry and she always has.

She found herself looking at his face and calming her. She knew what needed to be done.

Both Barry and Kara blinked and then suddenly, they both jolted up awake.

Kara was suddenly face to face with Mon-el when she stood up.

She glanced over at Barry and saw Barry sat with his back towards her as he had his head in his hands before she looked back at Mon-el.

"We need to talk." Kara said towards Mon-el

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this new chapter and I hope you've all had a nice Christmas.

I know there was less songs that were sung during this but I am honestly no good when it comes to musical at all. I hope I did enough that you've enjoyed. Kara x Barry is still the intended destination, we're nearly there.

Thank you for your time.