Prologue - Introduction

Greetings readers, not like there will be many, if at all. This story is a Karry ship of Kara Danvers and Barry Allen with a twist, an older experienced Barry Allen in his powers and someone who isn't even Supergirl yet.  Please read and let me know what you think of this blossoming relationships between the two and many encounters they will have along the way.

________________________________________________________________________________

"My name is.... Barry Allen. I am the fastest man alive, I'm a speedster on my earth, I use my speed to fight crime and find other metahumans like myself however I faced a villain so powerful that I had no choice but to travel back in time and create time remnants to beat him, you know the story of Savitar however you didn't know the story of the other time remnant.

Like all gods there is an opposing adversary, a balance despite Savitar claiming to be a god, he was no god at all. Nothing more than a monster or a demon in steel. I went around following him, trying to find him and fix his mistakes, I have been for the past 10 years and time finally caught up, I am at the end of Savitar's path and all messes were already cleaned up by the time I got here."

An older Barry stood at the entrance of the cortex glancing towards Cisco who has his mouth wide open in shock, Caitlin who was staring at him with surprise. Iris was staring at him as well but also glancing towards the present day Barry who was glancing at the future version of himself, scar free and greying in some areas of his hair.

"We defeated him 2 years ago.." Barry mentioned crossing his arms as he stares at his so called future self unsure what to make of him. "But how can we be sure this isn't him using a transmogrifier?"

"Didn't pizza face get erased from existence?" Caitlin explained as she went up to Cisco who was still staring at future Barry's face in confusion.

"Nice to know my little present I gave him in our last encounter stuck around, amazing what a lightning bolt can do to someone." Future Barry chuckled as he rubbed his chin as he was locked in eye contact with his younger self.

"Barry, I am not here to finish what Savitar started or am I an evil version of yourself from another earth. I am simply a champion of the speedforce." Future Barry explained as that got Cisco's attention.

"Champion of the speedforce?" Cisco asked curiously snapping out of his stupor.

"You see when a speedster takes their last step, in many cases their death. The speedforce will reclaim the energy from that speedster, evaporating them from existence and taking them into the speedforce. You know how about in a future timeline where you faced Savitar and summoned many time remnants, you never thought about what happened to the bodies that died, they were erased from the timeline and taken into the speedforce."

"That would explain how you had a sudden boost of energy when you came back from the speedforce and how you were so much faster... When you think you know about the speedforce.. Something comes out of nowhere and just makes you question things even more." Cisco sighed before rubbing his forehead and pushing back his hair.

"Yeah, I've been working with them for a while and still don't understand it." Future Barry explained as present day Barry was in deep thought.

"Why are you here?" Barry suddenly lifted his head glancing towards his future self.

"I'm a champion for the speedforce, so get this..." Future Barry stepped forward around the table towards his younger self standing in front of him.

"I make sure that speedsters stay in line or fix the mess they made, when I was coming here. I thought I might be fixing Flashpoint but that is a fixed point in time so that stays and then... the timeline changes again." Future Barry glanced around the room noticing a leather back book on the table that was open and went to reach for it before Iris stepped in front protecting the book from him.

"Relax." Future Barry said noticing everyone is on guard the moment he tried to touch that book. "What has gotten all your guard up for some reason."

"Our daughter came from the future to save Barry from going missing like he did in the future news article." Iris explained not backing down.

"And she died? An effect of changing the timeline.." Future Barry sighed as he took this information in.

"My timeline, Iris died and we never had kids and even then I died trying to stop Savitar before going into the speedforce and getting a second chance." Future Barry explained as he leaned on the metal bar on the desk in the cortex.

"I'm sorry." Present Barry mentioned noticing the look on his future self's face.

"Don't be... at least you did what I could never do... I've had years to come to grasps with it but... Our... your daughter." Future Barry corrected himself

"It only happened a few hours ago... We're... We're still grieving about it.." Barry explained as he put his arm around his wife Iris's shoulder as she holds Nora's journal.

"Then.. I will leave and let you get back to your grieving, I am sorry for your loss..." Future Barry placed his hands on his younger self and Iris's shoulder.

"Thank you.." Iris muttered as she sniffled.

"Any time Iris." Future Barry smiled before taking off in a bolt of gold lightning out of the building and back into the speedforce.

He was now stood in the home he shared with Iris before her death as he saw Iris standing there waiting for him, knowing it to be the speedforce.

"The damage was already done, the timeline was already changed... Why send me to the damage was done rather than before it happened, to learn of a daughter from an erased timeline... My daughter.." Barry shouted at her.

"To show you what has been and what will be." The speedforce spoke in Iris's voice.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Barry asked confused.

"Closure." Iris responded.

"It just makes me realise how much life would be easier if the speedforce or Thawne wasn't around."

"But without you we wouldn't exist and so we wish to reward you, we wish to drop you off on another earth... to live out your life the way you please." Iris smiled at him.

"There is something else you're not telling me." Barry's eyes squinted suspiciously at the speedforce manifesting itself as Barry's former love interest.

"Perhaps but you being there is all that we need." The Speed force continued.

"Alright then what do I do when I get there."

"You find this symbol." A deeper voice said behind him as he turned to see a man stood there with an S on his chest as he wore a red cape from his shoulders.

"Superman? What, why would I need to find him..." Barry asked confused.

"He will help you settle in on the new earth, this is not Earth 38 like the one you are accustomed to with Kara Danvers, this is another earth." Superman spoke with his signature toothy grin despite being the speedforce manifesting as him.

"So an earth I've never been too and I am going to talk to a man who never met me and will be hostile towards me? A guy who can bend steel and shoot lasers out of his eyes? I guess the odds are in my favour.." Barry sighed.

"Don't get too cocky with your speed, Barry. There is a resident speedster already on that Earth, try not to draw any attention before fulfilling what you need to do."

"So there is something I have to do. I knew it."

Superman chuckled at him as a portal opened up beside them. "Go, you will be dropped in the middle of Metropolis. You will find Superman pretty easily, look to the sky."

"Got it."

_______________________________________________________________________________

This was an introduction of the character that you will be reading about, despite him being Barry but not Barry.

He will be meeting Superman in the next chapter, and befriending him.

I hope you enjoyed what little I have wrote, if you have any thoughts on it then please do feel free to let me know what you think and what I can do to improve.

Thank you for reading.