Double Trouble

Many people go about their lives, falling in love with the sound of someone's voice, the way they move, there will always be attributes about the person you love that sticks out to you. Their voice when they're excited about their favourite programme. The way their eyebrows crinkle when they're angry, or the way they move.

But falling in love is the easy part. It is getting them to love you back that is the hardest part. Especially for someone who has been racing around different earths and time periods, with no time to stop and fully appreciate the things around him.

"Life is always a fastlane.." Barry muttered to himself as he caught himself staring at Kara as he was looking at her from his office window as she was sitting next to Cat Grant's office with her back to him.

Barry took a deep sigh, feeling the emotional weight on his body as he sat in constant thought, and with the thought of a speedster you can go through a thousand thoughts in a nanosecond, which can cause Barry overthink.

So he sat there, thinking about everything. What reason did the speedforce put him on this earth? Why is he allowed to live yet Savitar was imprisoned? And why did he decide to work in an office environment as he could feel himself getting restless... He was never one to be able to sit in one spot for long and this was starting to drive him insane, sure the journalism pass allows him free entry to crime scenes and can explain why he was there but there has been nothing to report. He was simply bored of sitting at a desk and thought about how David Singh, Captain of the CCPD could handle it.

Catching himself from tapping on the desk at super speed, he stopped himself when he heard his phone chime.

He grabbed the phone, grateful for any distractions as he looked at the long text he was sent from Alex.

'You mentioned that you have previous experience with crime scenes in your old world and you clearly have the scientific knowledge to help you combat whatever it is you do on your day to day life. Do you mind swinging by and giving me and J'onn a hand with something? We are puzzled.'

Barry shrugged as he stood up, leaving the office walking pass Kara as she stopped him for a moment.

"Where are you going? There isn't anything happening at the moment is there?" Kara said curious.

"Oh not that I am aware of. Alex needs my hand with something, she said it would involve my brain and my previous experience as a Crime scene investigator." Barry said, explaining to her.

"Oh, don't be too long. I think Cat Grant might need you for something later." Kara said as she waved bye to Barry.

Barry rushed out of the building, to a place where he could use his powers freely.

It was an alleyway that was a few blocks away from CatCo, it was blocked off and there was no one using it, although Barry turned around and looked at the rubbish bins as he thought he felt someone staring at him.

"Weird." Barry muttered before simply breaking into a running sprint as he made his way too Alex. But something happened as he was running... to his left he saw something else running alongside him. He saw himself looking back at him.

He screeched to a halt near the location where Alex told him to meet him as he stood there taking this all in.

"Oh no..." Barry muttered to himself as he felt his heart racing as he felt his mouth go dry as he knew he is going to time travel, it isn't going to be an accident either, he is no naive young reckless speedster, he knew his limits and how to push them.

If he saw the speed mirage, he knew that he would time travel for a reason.

"Barry? What are you standing out here for? Get over here." Alex broke Barry's train of thought.