Dual Fates

Wally was racing through the streets, near National City when he heard Cisco's voice on the comms.

"Wally.." Cisco started and then was silent for a moment and he could hear sniffles from his comms as he skidded to a halt on the outskirts of National City as he could see the CatCo building in sight as he reached up, placing his hand on his earpiece. He was wearing Eobard Thawne's suit which he felt was more comfortable and better than his previous suit.

"Savitar attacked." Cisco simply said as Cisco was heard sniffling once more as Wally felt his heart froze and his mouth started to dry.

"Iris! Is she okay? Is my dad Okay?" Wally asked, scared as he fell to the floor, kneeling down scared for his family.

"Iris is gone, he took him." Cisco said but he failed to answer Wally's second question.

"Where's my dad." Wally said, a little more firm fearing for his life. Worried that Cisco might deliver him some bad news.

"Savitar killed him. We were unable to do anything. We were in the time-vault and he somehow managed to get in and to prove a point, he took Iris after killing Joe and he has both Kara and Iris now." Thawne spoke up when Cisco couldn't.

"And you let him? You are a speedster? You could have saved him!" Wally practically screamed into his headset.

"Wally, I couldn't. My powers are gone, they come and go sporadically. I don't know when I have them or not and at that moment. I didn't have it. I failed Joe, you and Iris. I get that, but we need Barry. He is the only one who can stop him. Remember, he still hasn't time travelled. He can still save Iris and Joe, we have to help him." Thawne continued as Wally rubbed tears from his eyes refirming himself that they can still be saved.

Lightning flickered in his eyes as he raced into National City.

"Mr Allen... Or Barry, if I can call you Barry?" Eddie asked towards a handcuffed Barry Allen who was sitting at a table across from him.

Barry simply nodded to him as Eddie sat in front of him, resting paperwork on it. In front of him, he placed pictures of Savitar's victims.

"Recognise any of these?" Eddie asked as he leant forward, leaning on the table in his chair.

"Yes." Barry simply responded.

"Why?" Eddie continued. "You phased your hand into their chest, crushing it. Clearly a personal vendetta? Did they break your heart in the past or something?"

Barry raised an eyebrow at Eddie's question.

"So you know I don't have a past?" Barry simply said catching onto Eddie's questioning him about his past.

"Clever." Eddie said as he leaned back into his chair, arms crossed.

"So are you." Barry simply said he stretched his arms as best as he could in his cuffs. "You will figure out who I am." Barry simply said as he leaned back in his chair as their eyes locked onto each other, waiting for the other to break first.

"So who are you then? Barry Allen doesn't exist? You appeared in National City out the blue after a hearty recommendation from Clark Kent to be a reporter for CatCo WorldWide Media. Strangely enough... the day before there was a speedster in Metropolis... That was you wasn't it?" Eddie was slowly putting the pieces together.

Barry smiled happily as he leaned back in the chair as Eddie took his smile as confirmation.

"Why? Why save Superman?" Eddie asked.

"If you had the opportunity to befriend the man in blue? Wouldn't you take it?" Barry responded.

"So it was a ploy to get close to him? Funny enough... Supergirl showed up a few months later...." Eddie's brain was wracking up ideas.