Confusing Identities

The Flash and Supergirl were racing over to a reported vehicle chase that was happening and was causing a lot of wreckage due to carelessness driving and unknown alien weapons.

"Anything we should be worried about?" Flash said placing a finger to his headpiece as he speaks to Alex at the DEO.

"The weapon is of unknown origin and we don't know what it can do, we've called the police off to give you both some space to do your thing."

"And what is our thing?" Supergirl smirked flying in the sky.

"Save people, Supergirl. You will be eyes in the sky and Flash will be the feet on the ground." Alex responded rolling her eyes towards her sister.

"Got it." Supergirl instantly responded flying straight up as Flash catches up to the speeding truck as he runs alongside it.

"Don't suppose you will be a nice bad guy and pull over will you?" Flash glanced over towards them as the held out the alien gun towards him. "Or not?" Flash said racing over to the other side of the truck before he ended phasing his hands through the passenger side of the car before grabbing the crook on the passenger side and pulling him out leaving him on the side of the road confused as he glances around to find his trousers by his ankles.

Supergirl flew slowly down into the crooks view. "Really Flash?" Supergirl said pressing a finger to her ear. She landed on her feet before grabbing the crook after he pulled up his trousers, dropping him off, to the cops.

"Had a few microseconds to spare, plus I was bored." Flash chuckled as he raced after the remaining three as he noticed there was now a minigun on the back of the truck now. "Where did they get the big toy?"

"Need help?" Supergirl said as she was now back in place watching over them.

"Nah, I've got this." Flash said as he zigzagged to dodge incoming fire.

"Why not just speed up, I know you can faster?" Supergirl grumbled.

"And cause a supersonic blast in the middle of National City?" Alex chimed in on the comms.

"Exactly, Alex. Plus, I am wanting to know what the weapon does. Being slower just makes myself a much easier target compared to any others that may get caught in the crossfire."

"Negative, Flash. Just grab the criminals and we can take a look at the device afterwards." Hank Henshaw's voice resounded through the comms.

"Got it boss." Flash simply said before speeding up slightly jumping onto the truck phasing his hand through the minigun, destroying it as he grabs the crook arming it.

"Present for you." Flash shouted.

"What?" The crook said confused before being thrown off the truck.

"He wasn't talking to you." Supergirl said as she caught him before handing him over to the police.

It was going as expected until suddenly one of the crooks suddenly threw an unknown object to the side of the road, towards buildings. Flash quickly jumped off the truck over to the object, catching it as Supergirl finished off the crooks stopping the truck.

"Got it!" Flash shouted as he found that the object was starting to pulsate and vibrate slightly.

"Flash! Get rid of it!" Hank Henshaw shouted instantly recognising the object.

"Got it! Supes! You're up." Flash said tossing it to Supergirl who then tossed it into the sky before an explosion that could have levelled a few blocks, however... unknown to them both.