The Flash speeds into National City!

Barry was sleeping and content where he was laid on the couch until he suddenly felt himself fall as he landed on the floor of Clark's apartment with a loud thud.

He opened his eyes as he looked up to see Clark in his suit and tie holding up the couch with one hand as he smirked at Barry laid on the floor.

"Morning sleepyhead, or should I say... Afternoon." Clark grabbed Barry's shirt at his back, lifting him to his feet and putting the couch back down at the same time as Barry just sighed at him.

"Can't you of woke me up like a normal person. You know, a nice little shake or something." Barry was trying to get his bed hair back into some form of normality.

"Well you weren't budging at all, so push came to shove. Literally." Clark explained.

"Sorry, I guess I must of been extremely tired."

"Not any worries although I have spoken to Cat and she is more than welcome to meet you. Get some clothes first to make a decent first impression." Clark explained as he handed a bundle of cash towards Barry. "Of course you are to pay me back at a later date."

"Wouldn't dream of not paying back the all mighty Superman." Barry yawned as he took the cash from him.

"You know, you can come across very arrogant." Clark sighed at Barry's cockiness.

"Because you're not the first kryptonian I've come across.." Barry explained. "There have been times where you're mind controlled, you don't have much defence when it comes to magic, kryptonite or psychic attacks."

"Magic's real? Guess I know to keep an eye out for that." Clark pondered as Barry glanced towards his clothes on the floor as he was just in his top and underwear as he his used his superspeed to quickly change into his clothes.

"How do you not burn your clothing going that fast? I burn my clothing just flying."

"The speedforce is a source of every speedster's powers and they can harness the speedforce energy itself to create a barrier around a person's body, most of the time they unconsciously doing it to protect your skin from whiplash and with further training, you can use it to protect your clothing from friction burns hence why I haven't needed a suit in quite a while since no use for it really." Barry quickly explained.

"Makes sense I guess, come on. I will show you where I get my suits from." Clark explained as he lead him towards the door when he opened to see someone stood there about to knock on his door.

"Oh just the man I needed to see. Perry has us doing a blog on that Maxwell Lord whom is in Metropolis for some charity event." This woman noticed Barry stood at the side of Clark.

"Oh sorry I didn't see you there." The woman held out her hand towards Barry to introduce herself.

"Lois Lane." Barry interrupted. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Clark has told me so much about you."

"He has?" Lois glanced over to Clark with a raised eyebrow. "Hopefully good things."

"Nothing but the good things, Lois. You know how much I enjoy working with you and how much of an impact you do for the Daily Planet podcast." Clark rolled his eyes at Lois's smirk on her face.

"Thank you and Clark didn't tell me anything about you." Lois explained as she and Barry shook hands.

"I am Barry Allen, I am a close friends of Clark's, I've just recently been made redundant and homeless so I came to ask Clark if he can help with anything." Barry explained quickly coming up with a backstory.