10. GENEVIEVE

Song for this chapter (BAD GUY, Billie Eilish ft Justin Bieber).

Genevieve

"I really think, we shouldn't do this. It doesn't feel right. What if she finds out about it? What if she gets angry and wouldn't want to talk to me ever again?" I wasn't feeling very comfortable about involving my PI, Luis. And I was trying to tell Paige that, but she wasn't having it.

"Listen, we'll be very careful. Plus, this is Luis we are talking about. He's the best of the best. Has he ever disappointed you?" she asked lifting a brow.

"No, but.."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, no buts", she said interrupting me. "Just call him and when he comes, I'll do the talking, all right".

I sighed heavily before grabbing my phone and calling him.

Luis Miller. My private investigator. Paige was right earlier. He is the best. One look at him, and you would think he sleeps outside of Queens,  Manhattan. Like right under the train station.

He looks so shabby, his hair was always unkempt, which he makes it worse by always running his hand through it. He had a very long beard. Surprisingly, his beard hair was very sleek and black, like he spends his entire day conditioning it.
He said that was his brand.

He only wore suits when he was in his interrogation mode. He helps the FBI and CIA in finding wanted criminals, who were MIA. I don't know how he does what he does, but he's very good at doing want he does.

He answered at the third ring and I put him on speaker. "Hello, Miss St. Laurent. How do you do?"

"How do you do. Luis are you busy?" I asked going straight to the point.

"Not right now, I'm on a three-day leave. Do you need anything".

"Ha! Yeah right. Three-day leave? Do you even know what that word means?"

"Well I like to think I do once in a while".

"Ha ha ha of course, everyone wants the best right? Anyway, do you think you could come over. It's an important matter?"

"Why of course, anything for you. I owed your father a lot. It's time to pay back some of my debt. What time do you want me there?"

"Now would be perfect".

"Okay, see you in twenty minutes".

"Alright, bye".

I hung up and looked over at Paige. "Happy?"

"Very, now let's go get some of Paul's food which gives me orgasms. I'm starving".

I was hungry too. Come to think of it, I haven't eaten anything since after breakfast yesterday. Wow, and I didn't notice?
We went to the dining room and got seated. Paul was already making dinner. Yup, dinner. We have been sleeping the whole day.

"My mum and the prick called", Paige said immediately we sat down. She didn't look happy. She never did when the subject of her parents came up.

"What did they want?" I asked taking a sip of my wine.

"Well, my brother is back from Afghanistan and they are throwing a party for him. They want me there".

Paul came in, balancing two plates in his hands and set them in front of us. He made seared honey coated salmon and cherry tomato salad. It smelled delicious.

"So are you going to go?"

"I don't want to, but I have no choice", she said and started eating.