17. GENEVIEVE

Song for this chapter, (I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU, Whitney Houston)

Genevieve

I couldn't believe I was just a few steps away from making her totally mine. All I have to do is make a romantic move. Paige wanted me to make the move first before giving her the job. But I didn't  think it was a good idea. She wouldn't have accepted the job.

I was so fucking happy, I couldn't sit still. I was sitting in my bed. Paige had gone home to pack some clothes for our Miami trip tomorrow. I went into my closet to pick out what I would be wearing tomorrow for the introduction.

I wanted to dress myself for once. Although my team would be here tomorrow for my hair and makeup, all because I would be going to Miami. I sometimes wonder how they even find out about things. This trip is something Paige and I discussed in my house, in private. But its all over that Paige and I would be traveling tomorrow, therefore the paps have made themselves ready with their cameras and numerous questions.

I pondered on what to wear for about fifteen minutes and finally settled for a blue, sleeveless long summer dress with flowers. We were going to Miami after all. I picked a pair of white Nike sneakers to go with it.
I then pulled out my traveling bag and proceeded to pack some clothes for Miami tomorrow, not forgetting to add a few bikinis to the pile.

After about an hour, I was done packing and headed to my office to make some calls. I already told Mike about my trip. All I had to do now was to call the hotel and make sure the staff were all ready to meet their new boss by seven tomorrow morning.

After that was done, I decided to take a little nap before dinner. I went back to my room bit before I could lie down, I and a call.
It was Mike.

"Yes Mike, what's going on?"

"Hi, ma'am. Uh, Mr. Martins called. He asked if you would be able to fly to Vegas tomorrow. He said they were launching the new casino at the hotel", he said.
"Tell him, I won't be able to make it, that I have a family dinner I can't miss. And I want you to go in my stead, and make sure you don't miss a thing. Is that clear?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'll do just that. Also Ricky asked what time you'll be leaving. He has already filled the fuel tank".

Ricky was my pilot. I sometimes fly with him when I'm feeling spontaneous. But this time he'll be doing with Tom.

"We'll leave at 11am", I replied.

"Okay ma'am. Have a safe flight", he said and hung up.

I put my phone on charge and laid on my bed ready to finally have some sleep. Then I heard it. It was faint at first, but it kept getting louder as she was getting closer.

Paige.

Singing.

I.

Need.

Ear.

Plugs.

ASAP.

I covered my head with my pillow and screamed into it. Please make her stop. She entered my room just before she got to the "And I" of Whitney Houston's song I Will Always Love You, I almost went deaf.

"Paige! Please stop! Who ever told you, you had  and amazing voice lied. Please stop before you make all my employees quit. Please", I pleaded with her with my best sad face.

She huffed and mumbled about how I don't appreciate raw talent. But she did stop singing and paused the song on her phone. She let herself fall freely onto the bed. A few minutes later, three of my staffs came into my room carrying three huge traveling bags. They dropped them in my closet and left without a word.