20. EVANGELENE

Song for this chapter (EVERYTHING I WANTED, Billie Eilish ft Finneas O'Connell)

Evangelene

I laid in the couch and thought about everything that had happened. I wanted to go and finish the tour. I hadn't explored the kitchen, the other rooms and the garage yet. I was waiting for Mel, because I didn't think I would be able to handle the rest alone, I might go crazy.

The doorbell rang. It could be Mel and Desi. I got up and went to open it. It wasn't them, I was facing unfamiliar five men and women.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I asked them.

"Hi", the man in front said, bringing his hand for me to shake. He was wearing black pants, a striped black and white shirt with a matching vest. "My name is James, I'm your butler".

Butler!? Hm. This was becoming unrealistic, I have a butler! Ha!.

"Okay, hi James", I responded. He gave me a brown file. "Come in". I led the way and they all followed me. I sat down and opened the file. It had their names and their respective jobs.

James Pollack 45 - Butler.
Sonia Pereira 28 - Nanny.
Debbie Adams 32- Maid.
Albert Chesterfield 35 - Chef.
Jeffrey Dean Snyder 40 - Security guard.

I read on and noticed they've been paid for this month already. It also said, if I didn't like any of them and their way of doing things, I had the right to fire them. It also said I should decide the amount of money to give to them at the end of every month. I looked at them and tried to figure out who was who. That wasn't hard. It also said they all lived in the outhouse.

I didn't even know I had an outhouse.

"Okay, I now know all your names and what you're supposed to do here. So I guess you guys will get to work now right?" I asked them.

"You are the boss, ma'am. What you say is what we will do", James said with a smile.

I chuckled nervously. I had no idea what to tell them to do. "Okay, then. Get to work. You do know where the outhouse is right?"

"Yes ma'am. We have already taken our things there", James replied.

"Great, then don't let me get in the way of your work", I said and took my phone pretending to be busy.

They all nodded and left. James went to sit at a small table and chair beside the door. It had a laptop on it. How come I didn't notice that?

Debbie went with Albert into the kitchen. Jeffrey went to stand outside and Sonia was still standing before me. I was confused.

"Do you need something, Sonia?"

"Um..yes ma'am. You haven't introduced me to whom I'm supposed to take care of", she said.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot. They're on their way. They should be here soon. Then I will do the introduction".

She smiled. "Alright ma'am. I'll be helping Debbie in the pool house till then".

"Pool house?"

"Yes ma'am. It's in the back".

"Okay. I just kinda got here. I haven't explored the premises yet, so I don't really know where everything is", I explained.

She nodded and gave an understanding smile and left. Jeffrey came in a few moments later, he had his hand behind his back and an earpiece.

"Excuse me, ma'am".

"Yes?"

"Sorry to bother you, but are you expecting a woman and a kid? Miss Melanie Espinosa?"

"Yes, I am. How did you know her name?"