16. EVANGELENE

Song for this chapter (REMEDY, Adele)

Evangelene

Bob drove through town, and headed towards Beverly hills. He drove for about ten minutes and entered unto a driveway and through huge iron gates. I looked out the window and my eyes almost fell out of their sockets. Before me was a huge mansion. It would be roughly 35-40 thousand square feet.

There was a 70-foot infinity edge pool smack in the middle of the compound. It had water sprouting out from the sides of the pool, into the air and back into the water. It was beautiful.

The car came to a stop and the other man came to open the door for me before I could. He still didn't say anything he just nodded when I thanked him.

Bob lead the way. He climbed up a few stairs and stood in front of a huge custom-made oak doors. It could weigh about three hundred pounds. Roughly.

The mansion itself could have about 50-100 rooms. That is how huge it was. I saw the front garden, and it was breathtaking. It was a large garden. It had lots of different types of flowers. Including my favorite. Black orchids. The name of the flower and the color of the flower described my two favorite colors. Black and purple.

After Bob inserted a card on the wall beside the doors, the huge door opened wide. He motioned for me to enter. If I thought the outside was beautiful, then the inside had no word to describe it. I walked through a hallway, which had floor to ceiling glass dividers on each side.

Bob told me to take a right turn. I did, and I was in the living room area. There were two 3in1 couches facing each other, and a 2in1 couch facing the huge 94 inch curved smart TV. The room was painted a lighter shade of grey.

Then there was a small staircase leading up to the dinning room. The dining table was an eight seater. Three chairs each on the sides and two at the both heads. The crystal chandelier was casting a beautiful amber glow on the oak table. On the left side of the dinning room was an adjoining door. I'm guessing that led to the kitchen. Which I have no doubt would be beautiful as well.

"Hi, remember me?" Paige said coming down a flight of stairs looking like she was ready for a photoshoot, even in just a pair of black shorts and a blue crop top. Her hair was in a messy bun, and her skin was glowing under the lights around the living room area.

"Hi, yes I remember you. I'm sorry for being late. I wasn't aware of the change in location", I apologized after shaking her out stretched hand.

She waved me off. "It's okay. Poor calculation on my part. I forgot to give you any details apart from the time. So it was kind of my fault, I'm sorry".

"Oh, you don't have to apologize. I should have asked", I told her.

"Anyway, she'll be down in an hour. So that gives me time to give you a tour of the house. Put your stuff on the table and let's go", she said with a glint of mischief in her blue eyes.

What was she up to? I dropped the bag on the table and followed her.

She cleared her throat and started talking in a fake French accent. "Good morning, my name is Paige Fader, and I will be your tour guide for today", she began. I couldn't help but snicker at her theatrics.
"This is the St. Laurent mansion. Owned by the renowned goddess of business, Genevieve Bambi St. Laurent", she paused, then switch to her normal accent. "Don't tell her I told you her middle name, else she'll kill me, okay".

"Um...okay. No problem", I assured her and she continued with her tour.

"This is exactly 35,375 square feet. It has a 250- person ballroom. A gym which is on the east wing. A screening room or movie theater, and my personal favorite, a 5,000 - bottle wine cellar. Come on, let me show you", she said and dragged me down a flight of stairs. She opened the first door we saw, and there, in front of me was a huge wine cellar. There were different types of wine everywhere. They were all their rightful places.
There was even a mini bar in there as well.