18. EVANGELENE

Song for this chapter (BIRD SET FREE, Sia)

Evangelene

I always wished every night before I slept that, I would sleep for a few days and wake in a huge mansion and become a famous millionaire.
Looks like I got my wish.

Just overnight, I have a better job, a house, sorry,  penthouse, and a car. I've never owned a car before, I only drove to get my driver's license, and that was it. But now, I get to drive my own car. No more uber, no more riding on the bus, and no more worrying if John would come to pick me up after work. I had no more worries.

I finally reached Mel's apartment and knocked on the door. After about a minute, the door opened and I was crush to the ground by a bag of potatoes and a bag of flour. Those being, Mel and Desi.

"Ouch, I think you guys broke my backbone", I said wincing from the pain that shot through my back.

"No worries, you're a millionaire now, you can fix it", Mel said getting up first. As for my little koala of a daughter, she was still clinging onto me like I was her life support.

"Did you miss me that much?" I asked her.

She hugged me tighter and nodded. I hugged her back still lying on the floor.

"Are you guys gonna come in or is floor good for you?" Mel asked us. I tried to push her off so that I could get up, but she wouldn't budge. So I did the only thing I knew would to the trick. I called on the tickle monster.

"Here comes the tickle train, choo, choo", I said and started ticking her. Her laughter filled the whole corridor, if it was late, I was sure some neighbors wouldn't be happy with the noise.

She finally got up and ran inside. I also got up and followed. I set my bag on the table and slumped into the couch, Desi saw her chance, she climbed onto my lap and got comfortable.

"Welcome home honey, how was your day", Mel asked.

"It was great, had a bunch of meetings. I had to fire some people, and I got the contract", I replied getting into character.

"Omg, that's amazing honey. I think we should go on a vacation".

"That's a great idea. Where do you wanna go sweet cakes?"

"I'm feeling Caribbean, how about Jamaica?"

"What is Jamaica mama?"

And our play is over. "Jamaica is a country love".

She made an 'oh' face and went back to playing with her teddy bear Bobo.

"Now, give me the details", Mel said and handed me a glass of water.

"Thanks. I already told you everything. Oh, yeah. Her house, sorry, mansion is beautiful Mel. Paige gave me a tour whiles I was waiting for Genevieve. She has this amazing indoor pool, that has these epoxy designs of the bottom of the ocean. It even had mermaids".

"Mermaids, where mama? Can you take me there? Please, please, please, pretty please", Desi asked giving me those puppy eyes.

"Sure my love, I will take you there one of these days", I told her and her face beamed with joy.
She jumped from my lap and rushed into Mel's bedroom.

"Really?" Mel asked.

"Yes, apparently she loves the ocean. She also has a wine cellar filled with 5,000 bottles of wine. A gym, a ballroom, an infinity edge pool, which is like the first thing you see when you enter the estate, it is huge".