Chapter 5

P O I N T  O F  V I E W
JENNIE

My eyes flicker, adjusting to the dark silhouette sitting on the chair next to the bed. I jolted up, realizing it was Lisa. She's wearing a gold printed blazer over a red button up and black jeans. Jesus, what kind of attire is that? What time is it and why is she wearing something like that?

I tried to move but my hands are still tied behind my back. I slept with my stomach flat all night. It was a hard sleeping position and I couldn't turn sideways, I have no balance and I have no strength.

What's left for me to do?

Nothing.

She stands up and brushes her bangs up with her hand. I just side eyed her as she makes eye contact with me, "How did you sleep?"

Is she trying to piss me off?

"I'll have Saem bring your breakfast," she said, "We'll see each other again later," without any other words, she left the room and as soon as she's gone, Saem came in, carrying a tray with a bowl and glass of orange juice.

She untied me and my hands' wrists can finally breathe again. I sat up and stared at them, noticing some red marks around them. Nothing else happened in this place but her tying me up and feeding me to the wolves.

I touched my wrists, feeling a mild sore that the ropes left to my skin. Can my hands be free for at least one day? It's not even necessary! It's not like I can actually run away from her? When she has his men everywhere and those goddamn wolves.

As much as I want to escape, I don't think I'll ever succeed. Miss bitch is too considerate to keep me here and she will not let me go just like that.

"Ms. Jennie, are you okay?" Saem woke me up from my thoughts as she places the tray on the table. Her eyes landed on my redding wrists, "Do you want me to put some ointment on those? I know it hurts,"

I just gave her a small smile, "No, it's fine. This nothing I can handle,"

She just sighs and sits on the edge of the bed, "Your situation isn't easy, if I could only give you any help, I will."

I shake my head, "I...I don't want to be here anymore, Saem. This isn't the life I wanted, I never even imagined to be kidnapped." I know the sad tone I was making, "It's only been 2 days and I nearly died once. She has more plans for me, I can feel it. She's not letting this end like this, isn't she?"

Saem was silent for a few seconds, only staring at her hands on her lap. She blinks her eyes and releases a deep breath before turning her attention to me with sad eyes.

It made me wonder, why is she working for someone like Lisa? Does she know how evil she is? Why is she still here?

"You know, that girl isn't like that when I first worked here. I was her babysitter until she reached 16, she was a bubbly child, always smiling." I saw the corner of her lips lifted into a small smile, "I treated her like my own since I couldn't bore one, she was the daughter I couldn't have."

I listened to her story and imagined how things work before. Lisa was smiling? From what I saw, she does but her smile means something bad. Her smile was never a sign of affection or appreciation. She smiles like a serial killer and I can't imagine her being goofy.