Chapter 33

P O I N T  O F  V I E W
JENNIE

Have you ever felt that relieving feeling after getting suffocated for such a long time and finally get to breathe? It's what I currently feel, it's nice. Like a torn getting removed, it gave me reassurance, freedom.

How I missed that.

Now, here, standing outside of a familiar house. I'm looking forward to see my favorite people once again. I knock, loud enough to make sure I get a response. I take a deep breath, preparing myself to face them again after being gone for quite some time.

The door opens and a shocked, overjoyed look on his face made me crack a smile, he stood there frozen in his spot, just staring at me with his mouth open and teary eyes.

He looks terrible, his mustache was growing out and he looks like he wasn't getting any sleep. He's on his pajamas and his hair was a mess. I've never seen him look like this even when he was stressed at work.

"Hi, Tae."

He pulls me in for a tight hug, a hug of longing. I gave him the same gesture and hugged him tighter. "I missed you so much, oh my god." he breathed against my ear, "Thank god,"

I smiled, "Missed you too,"

He pulls away and puts a hand on my cheek, "Are you okay? Where have you been?"

"I'm fine, Tae." I gave him a reassuring touch on his forearm. "Don't worry,"

He nods, "I won't ask you questions if you're not ready to answer them," he smiles and gave me a kiss on top of my head. "Does your mom know?"

I pursed my lips, "I actually want you to come with me, that's why I came here first." I answered with hopeful eyes, "Can you?"

He gave me the most excited smile he wore, "Give me a minute, you know this is pretty much your home too so, you can come inside if you want to." He says and starts walking off, "I'll be quick,"

I watched him runs upstairs and when he's gone, the smile I had fades to a thin line. I hate lying to him but I can't just tell him I was kidnapped, I don't want to worry him much more. I can just make up excuses or just let Doyeon do that for me. I'm not telling him about all this things about my dad, the less he knows the better.

Taehyung came back after 5 minutes, now changed into a much decent clothes and he looks pretty neat unlike to his look earlier. He picked up his keys and escorted me out to his car. His hand found mine and he intertwined them together.

As he drives, he made sure to reassure me that I won't be missing again and he will protect me. That I doubt, because surely, he will focus on his job again now that he found out I'm back and well. He will start not having time with me but have a lot with his job again.

I won't expect much but sure.

"Were you hurt?"

I hummed, "A little but I'm fine," a lie. If he sees my scars on my shoulder and my back, he will get mad at me. I'm sure of it.

He sighs, "I'm really sorry if I didn't find you sooner, I tried everything I could. I contacted the police, gave flyers everywhere but-"

"Tae, it's fine. I promise, I'm okay." I put a hand on his tensed shoulder and gave it a light squeeze, "Forget about it. Let's just pretend I left to go in a different country and just came back, nothing happened to me or I wasn't gone for too long."

He blinks and nods, "Okay, okay, let's do that,"

I sigh in relief, "How's work?"

"It was hard, like the usual. I got busy these few days, there are countless of projects and I had sleepless nights,"