Chapter 10

P O I N T  O F  V I E W
JENNIE

I remember the days with my family. We usually spend the whole day laughing, talking. The days when my life was simple and happy, the days I feel loved and not alone. We go out every holidays, they'd buy many gifts for the rest of our bloodlines and it was enough for me to feel whole and complete.

When will I get to see that again?

I can't even remember the last time I smiled or laughed. In this past few days, all I did was cry, get mad or feel like killing somebody. My heart's filled with remorse and anger, I can't even explain how much.

Today's a new day, my back was treated by Saem. She looked so horrified when she saw the lashes, I even heard her arguing with Lisa after that. She was mad at her, I mean, who wouldn't? I hate her for doing this but what else can I actually do? If I ever try to escape, will I succeed?

It's tempting but knowing that she stays true to her words, she's only going to give me more pain in my body. I just want to rest, atleast for a day.

She assigned me to feed her 'lovely' wolves, the ones that tried to devour me alive. I'm not scared of dogs, but hell, they're not just dogs for god's sake. They can eat me clean in a blink of eye. They're huge and what about me? I'm small and too petite foe them. I don't stand a chance.

I head to the backyard, carrying two heavy buckets full of fresh meats. It's only 9 in the morning and I'm already sweating all over. I tend to stop every 10 steps as my hands hurt by the weight, not to mention my wound kept stretching everytime I do.

It feels like opening any moment.

When I reach their cage, I removed the cover around it and they greeted me with some loud ass bark and howls. I step back, creating distance between us. I took the tongs hanging on the bucket and carefully tossed the meat in to their cage. They hungrily consumed the piece in a matter of 5 seconds.

That was fast.

Does she feeds them everyday? They look really hungry for someone being taken care of a rich ass girl. I kinda feel bad for them, they maybe wild animals but hey, Lisa is a more worthy for that title.

I keep feeding them and I didn't even notice they already emptied one bucket until I saw it. They lick the remains on the ground and I took the empty bucket and fill it with water.

The problem is, how am I going to put this inside? They can smack me anytime if I open the bars.

"Are you guys thirsty?" I talk to them, as if they l'll actually answer. The three of them just look at me, I thank the gods they're not snarling or whatever. "I'm gonna open the fence, okay? Don't bite me,"

I take a deep breath and unlocked the bars. I was expecting them to jump on me, but luckily, they didn't. Except, they walk slowly towards me and drink the water altogether.

Thank god.

But I can't let my guard down. I still move carefully around them, they'll think I'm dangerous if I move aggressively. I just watch them but to my surprise, one of them starts heading to my way. It's a white wolf with blue eyes.

I can tell this wolf is a girl.

She walks around me and in her second turn, she let her fur touch my legs. I have dogs at home and if they do this, I know they want to be petted but does it differ with wolves?

I slowly sit and she immediately did the same. She sat in front of me and stare at me with those fierce eyes, not doing anything. I took all my courage and reaches for her head. Please, don't bite me. I close my eyes as my hand gets closer, preparing for the worst.