Chapter 7

P O I N T  O F  V I E W
JENNIE

I stare outside the window, with my legs resting flatly on the bed benches I brought closer so I can't hurt my feet. They're still stinging, burns aren't hot but cold. It felt cold and it hurts so bad. I don't thinm I can even walk on my own. Saem helped me come in this room and I almost fall on the way, it felt like shit.

She did me dirty.

When will she stop torturing me? I don't think it's happen anytime soon.

It's late, assuming it's 12 midnight. I never had any dinner, not even a single drop of water. Well, I may have drank water but not voluntarily and that water was full of chemical by the way.

My stomach's growling and feet are burned like toasts in the morning. She was serious about those wasted breads being my meal for the whole day. I'm gonna fucking die in thirst.

Maybe I can sneak to the kitchen?

Will I be able to walk? I have no idea, but I gotta try. I'll dry out dead if I don't.

I carefully put my swollen feet down, making sure I don't hurt myself. Saem wrapped them with thick bandages, enough for them to be fully covered. I'm glad she was here, atleast someone here is still sane unlike the others especially her.

What a bitch.

An asshole.

I keep hissing in each step, despite the bandages, my weight still affects the burns and well, it hurts like hell. I twist the knob, hoping it was unlocked.

Fortunately and surprisingly, it is.

I peek on the sides, checking if her men are around. The hallway is empty, thank god. I silently closes the door behind, making sure I don't create a loud noise. I limp on my way downstairs as I hold tight on the rail beside me. This house is too big, I honestly don't know which way is the kitchen. I walk past the living room, to an empty space and came across with some doors.

It's better not to open those.

I ignored the sting on my soles as I search for the kitchen. Seriously, how hard is it to place that near the living room? Why do I have to walk around here like I'm in a park on a Sunday?

Jesus.

When I spot a light from a few feet where I was standing, I went over there with no hesitation. It must be it, it should be. I made it close without falling down on the floor and I let out a sigh of relief when I finally found the kitchen.

I headed near the refridgerator but before I can even touch a bottle of water, a smell of nicotine lingers in my nose.

I hastily turn around and saw Lisa sitting on a chair across the counter, puffing a cigarette with her legs on top of the platform. I should be mad but I went pale, somehow scared to see her here. What if she does something to me? Atleast give me a 24 hour break from those punishments.

Not that I want a punishment.

She puts the cigarette on the tray and looks at me with judgment in her eyes, "Care to explain why you're sneaking here and why you're not in your room?"

I close the fridge, "I just want to drink,"

"Did I allow you?"

"No," I hold on to the counter near me when I felt my feet getting numb, standing too long isn't a good idea.

She removed her feet off the counter and stands up, "Go back to your room," her tone was very bossy. Nothing new.

"I need to drink!"