Chapter 14

P O I N T  O F  V I E W
THIRD PERSON

2 weeks.

It's been exactly 14 days since Jennie was taken in Lisa's mansion. The whole 7 days were hell for her, she couldn't walk, she got shot and everything but somehow, she's still here alive and doing well.

Lisa gave her a week to be fully healed by the wounds she gave her. Her lash on her back are all nothing but scars, the gunshot wound on her shoulder is gone and her feet are doing okay and she can now fully walk like before.

She's grateful for that, the bare minimum for human rights but atleast she got to rest.

During her heal, she barely see Lisa. She doesn't see her every morning and only gets to catch a glimpse of her at night. Sometimes, she's not showing up at all. Saem was still being ordered for chores through calls and texts, Jennie heard her on the phone one time.

She also got to spend some time with Bobby, Ten and Mark. They're not bad at all, she actually enjoyed talking to them they're chill especially Bobby. For her, he seems to be one who knows Lisa better than the other two. She thought maybe Bobby was a friend of Lisa and got him as her employee.

That day when she found one of the wolves looking badly hurt, Ten showed up the next day with him. He was treated well but he was limping like crazy. Ten informed her that the wolf's wound was deep and will take time to heal. Lisa must have injured him too much.

For Jennie, living in a mansion isn't so bad. She got to eat different variations of food, has her own nice and comfy bed and nice people around.

But that only happens if Lisa is not there.

She just wish she just don't come back at all but that's more impossible than the most impossible thing ever.

"Saem, can you teach me to bake sometimes?" Jennie said as she dusts the displays carefully, talking to the old lady behind her.

She chuckled, "We can do that once Ms. Lisa takes long vacations," she replied.

"Unfortunately." Jennie said, "But I tried baking before! It wasn't the best but it's edible,"

That earned a genuine laugh from Saem, "What did you make?"

"Macarons,"

"What does it taste like?"

"Like something I'm not going to try again,"

That conversation was somehow a relief for Jennie. She was carefree, and well, free. No one is there to stop her from having fun, no one is there to order her around. She missed that feeling a lot.

A lot more than she imagined.

And she's not gonna miss this chance.

That night, Saem stands outside the mansion. She checks the time from her wrist watch and took some glances to her left and right. When she spots a familiar car coming, she hurriedly pressed a button near the gate and it slides open. The car enters the property and she followed suit, the black linear gate closing as she goes.

She opens the back door and it reveals Lisa, still wearing a white button up with her blazer hanging on her arm. She gets out of the car with her usual smug face, not even bothering to greet the old woman escorting her.

"How's your trip?" Saem asks, taking the case that she's carrying from her hand.

Lisa just looks at her house, "Fine. Have you checked on Jennie?" She asks and starts walking inside while she stretches her neck.