ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 - 𝙶𝚊𝚎𝚕 𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚒𝚊 𝙱𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚕 (𝙻𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚋𝚢)

Tw: Funeral, hate

Planning a funeral seemed to hurt even more than the death. As you looked through invitation cards, and venues Maki sat with a popsicle kicking her legs out and humming.

"Where'd you learn that song Maki?" You asked, as you placed all of the cards down. "Onioka-san. She said it was you and papa's favorite song." You nodded as she smiled.

"What's this?" Standing up from her chair, Maki pointed to a small venue card. "It's the place we're gonna have Onioka-san's departure." Maki smiled walking over and squeezing into your lap.

"What picture do you think we should use?" You asked, as the two of you began working on the service.

────────────────

"Mikey, where's Y/n?" Chifuyu asked, as they had just finished another meeting. Mikey only continued to walk, Draken and Takemitchy walking along with them. "She's planning a service for Onioka-san."

Mikey said in an exhale. "What happened?" Takemitchy asked, "Hanma murdered their care taker. But as much as I want to help, Y/n-chi said she didn't need it."

Mikey looked up at the slightly grey sky, remembering the distress that was on your features when you were told the outcome. It pained him to see you that way, it hurt to see someone as kind as you to suffer.

The feeling of pity wasn't what he felt, it was almost like he could feel your pain, like you two were connected somehow, and it agitated him. Both of you had a connection to Baji, and he didn't want to end up loosing you now that he had just started to know you.

It was just confusing, how could he feel this way? 'Was this what Baji was feeling?' He asked the clouded sky closing his eyes as he breathed in the dewy air.

"Should we try to cheer Y/n up a little? We can invite her to join us at the New years festival?" Takemitchy suggested as small patters of rain started to fall.

Mikey didn't answer as Draken pulled out an umbrella. "See you later Takemitchi." He said with a smile as he and Draken continued to walk home.
───────────────────

After, Nai came to pick up Maki you had left the house walking to the grave yard downtown. It was now m/d, your birthday. You had a small bag in hand as you walked through a grey ceramic arch.

'Baji family grave'

Inching closer to the tombstone, you gripped the bag closer to your hands as you finally kneeled down wiping dirt off of the stone engravements and curves. "Hey Keisuke. Sorry I haven't visted for a while, things have been going on and I was just a bit busy.  You'd probably have scolded me for skipping out on Onioka's funeral planning to come see you but, I honestly have no where else to go.

Oh yeah! Maki misses you. She even brought you this little kitten plushie." Pulling out the black and grey plushie you showed it to the stone infront of you as your lip trembled.

"I hope your doing ok wherever you are right now. I know you said you weren't scared, but from the way your hand was trembling in mine I could feel it myself. Tell me, were you scared, Keisuke?" Feeling your hands fall to your lap, you started to cry that same darkness enveloping you as rain started to fall.

Sitting with your head in your knees as you cried you could silently feel Baji's arms wrapping around you, which only made you cry more. And it seemed like the more you cried, the harder the rain feel, along the way drowning out your wails of pain.