Next time

-Y/n-

Something more painful than actual pain to me, was always losing. First with my brother and father. Then, Baji, and Onioka. I always felt so..alone. So, numb. Nothing made sense to me anymore.

It was as If the more I tried, the more I would lose. Why? Why did my father have to be killed? Baji...Onioka-san..

Why was I always in the dark? What was holding me back? Everything I ever had was leaving me, falling from a tree branch further and further away from our support of life.

The last leaf of a barren tree. That's what you could call me. It was up to me to choose whether I would survive, or die. To fight, or give up. And even though each day, each month, even each year was painful.

Nothing hurt worse than knowing I lost myself. The person that Baji and Onioka wanted me to be. A strong personality; smart, caring, giving, and overall a great companion. Beautiful, strong, smart, giving, and kind.

The sad way I was living. The repetitive pain I was letting myself receive. It was all me. They never left me, I only tried pushing them away. But, they are me. Father, brother, Keisuke, and Onioka-san. They are all what make up Y/n.

A broken pot of China crafting itself together. I'm still a while away from becoming completely whole, a fully new pot of China. But, the only way to get there, is for me to let go.

Embrace the pain. Embrace the good memories, keep the bad. These are what keep me alive.

Click

Focus..focus..breathe..

"Izunaki..I'm sorry. But I still have something to come back to." These words shook me even more than the pain. Because they were the most true.

I can't leave just yet.

-NO POV-

Reaching for the pistol, Y/n trailed her hand to Izunaki's wrist, breaking it. "Ah!!" Izunaki yelled out in pain as Y/n stood back up holding the pistol in hand as she disconnected all it's pieces.

"You should get her to the hospital. It's not broken yet."
Facing Ran and Sanzu, Y/n handed the empty barrel to Rindou. "That enough action for you?" Sanzu smirked, looking at the dislocated parts of the pistol.

'She found us out.'

He was intrigued to say the least. "Y/n are you alright?" Chifuyu asked. Now released from Sanzu and Ran's hold. "I am now.", Y/n answered smiling. The smile caught Chifuyu off-guard. 'That was actually a genuine smile.'

As Ran and Sanzu carried Izunaki out, Y/n glanced toward Mikey turning to Rindou. "Go with them." She ordered, and he listened. Once the door had finally closed Y/n sighed sitting down on a couch pouring herself a bourbon.

"Mikey. Let's talk." Chifuyu walked out of the room, keeping watch from outside.

---

"I lost my memories. From that night all the way back, and..it was very...pathetic." Taking a sip of her drink Y/n placed it down on the table. "The reason my memories were fading. Was because I had already started pushing them away. But you know what...I'm glad I didn't fully give up."

Standing up Y/n took a notepad sheet writing something on it. "You don't have to use it.", Handing the paper to Mikey, Y/n leaned forward a sinister smile on her face. "But, I'll be waiting if you do." After bowing Y/n turned around, walking to the door.

"It was nice seeing you again, Manjiro. Hopefully I'll see you soon." Waving she walked out closing the door behind her. 'You've really grown Y/n.'  Mikey smiled to himself looking at the sheet of paper.

You know where to find me.

       -Y/n❣️

'The hunt is on Y/n. Next time, I'll find you.'