Coffee date?

When Kai went to terrace, he saw Maira climbing a ladder which lead to the upper terrace.

Now he understood that where she was last time. As soon as he saw her , Maira turned and asked with wide eyes," What are you doing here?" With this they heard footsteps advancing towards them. Maira sighed and said," Fine. Hurry up or they would start annoying again." With this she gestured him to go ahead. Kai reached the top and saw Maira climbing with expertise.

When the source of sound came into view, they saw some of their classmates there. "Some students come on terrace for lunch that's why I started to come here. Its so peaceful here. I like being alone."

Kai went to the other side from where the forest behind the school looked like a green blanket. "Nice view" he said.

"I know. " Maira said and sighed," Well I don't think so that you are fond of crowd, so.. If you want you can come here as nobody else know about this place."

"Hmm" Kai said.

They sat there for a while and when they heard the bell rang, Maira said," You go ahead, I will come in a while." Kai nodded and left.

The day went by studying. The last period was free, so some students were enjoying in the garden , some were in the library while some were in the beyblading stadium.

Kai was annoyed by the group of girls, following him wherever he go. So he went to Beyblade stadium as he found the clashing of the beyblades , relaxing.

As he went there, he found Maira sitting there with her eyes closed. Without thinking he went to sit beside her. "Hi, Kai" Maira said without opening her eyes.

"How did you recognised me?" Kai asked.

"You are the only one around here with the hobby of sitting beside me." She said with a smile. But Kai noticed the sadness in her voice.

"Hm"said Kai. There was pause for sometime and the sound of cheering and a beyblade touching the ground could be heard. A smile played on Maira's lips.

"So you like beyblading." Kai said with a raised eyebrow.

" Wh-what? Why do you think so?" Maira stuttered.

But before kai could respond, A boy came to Kai," Would you like to take part in the beyblading competition, it will be held in our school stadium. If you will, you will surely win." He said with a sweet smile on his face.

"No" was all Kai replied with his face void of any expression.

The boy wasn't bold enough to say anything else, so he moved forward to ask other people if they were interested and announced that anyone can participate, experience doesn't matter.

Kai asked Maira," Are you participating?" Maira opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Bianca saying," Come on Kai! She won't be able to cross even the first round. She would be good in studies but I don't think she knows anything about beyblading."

This time Kai replied,"I didn't asked your opinion." in a harsh tone.

Bianca left huffing about it as Maira turned to Kai with a hesitant look.

"Umm... Well... Is there a special reason that why you are so famous? I mean everyone's trying to talk to you." She asked nervously.

Hearing this, Kai's lips curved into a small unnoticeable smile as he shook his head in a 'No'

"I don't think there's any special reason. They are just insensible to follow me around." He said.

"Are you sure..?" She asked still confused.

Kai just nodded and dismissed any chance of further questions.

After school , Maira went to cafe. Kai also visited there and to Maira's surprise , everyone at the cafe was trying to talk to Kai.

'Am I missing something or is it normal?' She thought confused. Even some girls asked him to have coffee with them.

As Maira's shift was over she was leaving but was stopped by someone. She turned to see KAI.

"What is it? Do you want something?" She asked utterly confused with this action of the world champion.

"Would you like to have a coffee? It's on me." Kai said trying hard to hide the blush. ' I don't know why but I want to know more about her. She doesn't seem like the other girls who likes make up and shopping. More importantly, she doesn't know about me being world champion. I have never met someone like her... Wait what am I thinking!?! I asked her only for a coffee. Its not a big deal.'

Maira was now more confused ' He denied so many girls for coffee and now he is offering me? Is it a joke? But he seems to be serious. What should I do?'

After a pause, Maira said," Sure but only if I got to pay the next time." ' Wait! Did I say next time? What the hell was I thinking?'

Kai just nodded his head in agreement. They took a seat and were enjoying their coffee when they noticed a flash.

"What was that?" Maira asked only to find out a boy sitting on a nearby table.

"Aww.. so Kai has a girlfriend! It would surely be helpful to increase my followers." And saying this, he posted it on social media.

"Wait! What are you talking about? I am not his girlfriend!" Maira said blushing hard.

"Oh is that so..? Then why are you having coffee with him? He denied all the girls here and asked you, himself!" The boy said.

Kai gave him a death glare. When Maira turned her gaze to others they were glaring at her.

"Kai, who are you exactly? I mean how everyone knows you? Am I missing something?" She asked with innocence.

The boy shouted in joy," Oh wow! The pics went viral!"

Kai stood up, paid for the coffee and started walking outside the cafe with Maira's hand in his.

" Will you explain what's going on?" Maira demanded.

They were walking down the streets when Maira stopped and as Kai was holding Maira's hand he stopped as well. " Will you please tell me why every girl was glaring at me? Who are you?" Maira asked

"I am Kai Hiwatari" Kai replied simply.

"I know that and just stop acting that you don't understand what I mean!" Maira said annoyed.

Just then they again heard people shouting," Look! It's the world champion with his girlfriend!"

Maira's eyes widened hearing this," So you are the Beyblading world champion!"

Kai just started moving forward, Maira followed him and continued talking," Why you didn't tell me earlier?"

"Because you were the first person who didn't know about my title and still talked to me. You didn't know me as any champion but for the person who I really am. I hate these fans! They are loyal to the title, not to the player!" Kai said.

Maira felt the disappointment in his voice. She said," So what?" Kai looked at her questioningly.

"What if you are the world champion, it doesn't change anything. Don't you dare think that I would start giving you any special treatment. You are still the same person for me, the one with whom I talked a lot after whole 2 years." Maira said with a smile.

Kai gave her a genuine thankful smile. Maira extended her arm forward," Friends?"

Kai gladly accepted the hand saying,"Friends" with a rare smile.

They were now walking down the streets when suddenly two blades clashed just in front of Kai's face. Kai turned to see the source and his eyes widened.

Authors note:- Please ignore my mistakes and keep reading to find out what Kai found out.. Whose Beyblades were those.. Hope you would like it.. Please vote, share and comment..